Unfortunately, I had trouble with my internet provider this evening. It seems that there was a service outage in my area, so I couldn’t post this until now.
Five people got all ten answers correct in today’s Movie Trivia Challenge. They are Charlane, Terry, Erin H., American Way Farm and The Drowdys. So I ran the numbers through Random.org and the winner is #3 ~ ERIN H. from VA. Congratulations, Erin! I’ll be contacting you for your mailing address and your choice of photo from my shop.
Yeah, that number 3 was a bugger, wasn’t it? Thank you to those who so wanted to cheat and didn’t. And isn’t it difficult remembering the movie titles sometimes? I particularly loved this one from Flea:
7. “You can’t handle the truth!” Dang it! I know that Jack Nicholson was in a courtroom and in the military, but I can't remember the name of this movie! This line came right near the end, too!
Here’s the answers for those who wanted to know.
1. “Dear God, please make me a bird so I can fly far far away from here.” [repeat over and over] FORREST GUMP. Young Jenny and young Forrest are in the cornfield behind Jenny’s house as her abusive father searches for her, yelling her name.
2. “Have fun storming the castle!” PRINCESS BRIDE. Miracle Max has just brought our hero back to life with his giant magic pill and he and his wife wave goodbye at the door.
3. “Damn. I hate being a foregone conclusion.” THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR. Renee Russo utters this to Pearce Brosnan after she is served her rather unique breakfast concoction after their first night together.
4. "I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries." MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL. John Cleese at his best.
5. “Excuse me while I whip this out.” BLAZING SADDLES. The new black sheriff reaches for something in his jacket pocket. I hope it was his pocket.
6. “It's K-K-K-Ken, c-c-c-coming to k-k-k-kill me! How are you going to c-c-c-catch me, K-K-K-Ken?” A FISH CALLED WANDA. Ken has a severe stutter and Otto shows him no mercy.
7. “You can’t handle the truth!” A FEW GOOD MEN. Jack Nicholson. ‘Nuff said.
8. “Can I borrow your underpants for ten minutes?” SIXTEEN CANDLES. Samantha (Molly Ringwald) helps out a cute geek.
9. “Generally you don’t see that kind of behavior in a major appliance.” GHOSTBUSTERS. Dr. Peter Venkman (Bill Murray) sees a terror dog in Dana’s (Sigourney Weaver’s) refrigerator.
10. “This is the one time where television really fails to capture the true excitement of a large squirrel predicting the weather.” GROUND HOG DAY. Bill Murray as newscaster sent to cover the days’ events in Punxsutawney, PA.
I love movie trivia. Thanks to all who played!
Until tomorrow, my friends . . .