Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Here’s to Spring

Going back to work yesterday after a long week off was almost an assault to the senses. It’s not that I don’t love the school where I’m employed. It’s just that suddenly I had to think really quickly, juggle way too many tasks at one time, and do it all while trying to remain calm over the fact that my computer wouldn’t boot up. The hard drive had fried, according to our IT people. It wasn’t even spinning, they said. Luckily, I save all my files on the network server and have a backup on hand as well. But all my mail is gone, along with all my contacts.

Let’s not dwell on that though.

It rained this afternoon but by the time I walked through the courtyard on my way to the parking lot, it stopped. So I stopped to take pictures of the lovely tulips against the old cement benches.

 

IMG_20140422_065230

The upper school students planted these last year.

 

IMG_20140422_082729

The benches came from the old school which was located over in Port Deposit and were donated by the graduating classes. Several of them have the date of the graduating year stamped on them.

 

IMG_20140422_065430

This bell also came from the old school.

 

IMG_20140422_065617

I took the three photos above with my cell phone.

 

 

DSC_8219-copy-25

But this is one from my files ~

I love tulips.

 

:   :   :

 

Found this cool video today and wanted to share with you. Thanks to Di.

 

Here’s to spring ~

123 Signature[5]

23 comments:

Ellen said...

Love the video. My favorite was around 1:07 when the green hand grabs the bug.

Hope you are having a lovely spring.

Hilary said...

I love the bell. Nice to see spring popping up. Maybe it will get the idea around here!

beth said...

i hate when computers act up...or fry :(

and all your contacts? do you have them on your phone? are you on a mac?

those tulips are just yummy. i almost bought some the other day at whole foods, but 8 dollars? i just couldn't justify that. i guess i was feeling cheap.

Low Tide High Style said...

Sorry you are having computer problems...maybe they can retrieve your contact list? Love the video, and tulips of course! Tomorrow is Wednesday...halfway done.

xo Kat

Blondie's Journal said...

My daffodils are just starting to open, the tulips follow a week or so after. These are just beautiful. And thanks for the uplifting video!

My daughter just graduated and is teaching high school. She just loves it and we are so happy and proud. :)

XO,
Jane

Kerri Farley said...

Beautiful Tulips.....and that video is amazing!

Country Gal said...

Loved the video , isn't nature wonderful ? ! Wonderful photos , I like the fact that they kept and displayed the old school bell and bench . Thanks for sharing , Have a good week !

The JR said...

I hate computer woes.

Love the pictures.

Hopefully all will be better soon.

thotlady said...

I love tulips too.

Carolynn Anctil said...

That's why God made computer geeks. *grin*

I'm glad you're enjoying spring. Today we have heavy rain and they're predicting snow again on the weekend. *sigh*

Oh...and that video...OH MY GAWD! It's fabulous! I have to share it.

Have an awesome day,
Carolynn
A Glowing Ember

ahomespunyear said...

Lovely tulips and the building looks really interesting...a good place to work, though it's tough going back after hols. x

Nellie said...

How distressing for your computer to malfunction!:( Love the tulips! Hugs!

Daryl said...

except for the tulips and benches and bell .. my day and yours were identical ... my iMac decided to cause the adobe something to corrupt so the whole thing had to be replaced .. this morning .. well i wont go into here after all i can post about it on my own blog xo

The Weaver of Grass said...

I will certainly join you in a toast to Spring - it is burgeoning out everywhere here too.

Jan's camera said...

Hi Kate, beautiful photos. I love that photo of the bell.

Slamdunk said...

I enjoy history and would have stopped to look more closely at the bell as well. Wonderful tulip shots.

sharon said...

cool video. Nature at it's best. love the tulips. My favorites.

JaneK said...

Beautiful tulips!!

I have a feeling we are about to move straight to summer down here in the Deep South!

mrs mediocrity said...

Me, too. None in my yard, yet... but I do have a few crocus and the daffodils are getting close!

Cloudia said...

A great place to learn and grow!


Aloha

DesertHen said...

Wonderful video! The world is a magical place if we only stop, look and listen!

Tulips are my favorite flower! These are lovely!

DesertHen said...

Wonderful video! The world is a magical place if we only stop, look and listen!

Tulips are my favorite flower! These are lovely!

Bluebird49 said...

I wonder who doesn't love tulips! I just think they're so colorful and beautiful, too.
My computer fried last year---but it wasn't for a job, thankfully! Computers-my, how we depend on them! :(