Monday, January 18, 2016

January images

Greetings from Maryland on a cold Monday in January. Winter has finally arrived and yesterday, we even had a little snow. I've got the day off and was up early this morning, making coffee and then packing my bags to come home. I stayed a couple of nights at my friend's house in NJ. George gets to come too.

I'm writing this on Blogger, something I haven't done for years . . . since 2009 maybe . . . not since I began using Windows Live Writer. Something's up with that program however, and I don't feel like discovering what's wrong. The only reason I began using it in the first place was the ease it affords in the placement of images. But it looks like Blogger has gotten a little more user-friendly in that department, so I'll give it a whirl.


 This was taken last week some time. I had opened the front door to let one of the kitties in and looked up and liked what I saw.




A little nuthatch waits for a turn at the feeder. Taken through my kitchen window.



 I took this female cardinal yesterday through the living room window while at my friend's house. It had been snowing for a little while and was actually sticking to the ground and the branches. Very pretty.





Ditto for this little white-throated sparrow.




I was walking through my kitchen last week when I saw this lovely glow coming through the window. I grabbed my iPhone and took this while standing on my front porch. I love the colors!




I think I was heading to the grocery store last weekend when I snapped this image of my driveway and a crazy cool-looking sky.




George waits patiently while I sew up a tear in a toy that he'd gotten for Christmas. 
He had chewed a little hole in it which isn't like him.

All fixed.

Hope all is well in your world. Thanks for stopping by mine.




Share

22 comments:

Linda Kay said...

Brrr. Looks like it is really cold on the East Coast. Your pictures are wonderful this morning, and really enjoy your day off.

Donna said...

Always a pleasure to see you post, Kate. I wanted to let you know that you inspired me to try the Window Filter and I absolutely love it! I must admit I splurged for the Screened Dirty Window Filter, but I still love the effect. I've posted the link to an photo where I used the filter. Thanks again!

Yours in Jest ��
Donna Luker

https://instagram.com/p/_aJdaSyJSy/

donna baker said...

I always love to see your photos Kate. Hope 2016 is a great one for you.

JaneK said...

Awwwwww..... Sweet George. He is trying so hard to be patient!

Gail said...

Beautiful pictures.

I've missed you and George.

Cloudia said...

I love your colors! And George of course. Always feels special to see you!

twig said...

I look forward to your posts Kate. Have been following you from Seattle for several years... Love your photos, animals and your amazing home... I also am supportive of your healing after the loss of a spouse... I am a retired Hospice nurse. Jane Ave Lallemant

Sabrina Steyling said...

Oh, Kate, these photos...beyond gorgeous! They're all so wonderful. I love the colors of that sunset, and all those adorable little birds...eek! And George, well, he just gets cuter with every photo! Give him an extra hug for me.

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice birds at your feeder, but doesn't look like much snow in your yard!

BB said...

Your bird photos always make my day... so divine. Looks so cold when we are sweltering over here!! 40C regularly during January.

Debbie From Illinois said...

Lovely photos Kate. My sheltie loves to destroy his toys to get that darn squeaker out. I have a basket I keep his toys in that need to be mended. When I take it off the shelf he gets all excited because he knows I'm going to fix everything for him. He's such a furry goofball.

thotlady said...

Love the photos as always, especially George.

Country Gal said...

Lovely photos ! Oh Live Writer is no more it is now Open Source Writer here is the site I got mine from and it will explain everything about it ! http://www.hanselman.com/blog/AnnouncingOpenLiveWriterAnOpenSourceForkOfWindowsLiveWriter.aspx
Thanks for sharing , hope you can get back to using writer even though it has some bugs to it I still prefer it to the blogger template ! Have a good day !

alphabet soup said...

When the deep purple falls
over trees and garden walls.

With apologies to Dean Martin (as if he is ever going to know anyway)

Ms Soup

Daryl said...

lovely .. all of these are lovely .. i am glad you've found Blogger more welcoming ... the new drag/drop photo placement is a good one .. i always center my pix, so before i drag/drop i click on the little placement icon - you know which one i mean - and then when i plop my pic down its centered .. easy peasy .. xo

Lynn said...

Love your photos! Those bird shots are gorgeous.

Donna S. said...

Love the sky shots!! We have 2-3 inches of snow Tuesday & 4.5 yesterday. My granddaughters are having a blast in it!! :) Stay warm Kate!!

P.S. George is good then, I have to repair my Penny's toys all the time!!

thecatalanway said...

Hello I just popped by to see if you are OK and not too snowed in or blown away. We hear there are storms and blizzards over your way. I hope you are safe and warm. Lovely photos here - hello George and hello you XXXXX

monique said...

I just found your blog.
Love your photos and George is a beauty.
I'm in Western Maryland. I love the country.
Take care and post more!
Monica

Angie said...

Lovely lovely photographs! Always delighted when I find a post from you and George. :)

R.M. said...

Miss your posts - Happy Valentine's Day!

beth said...

this winter has been an interesting ride so far…are you feeling, too? i can't seem to get a hold of anything..or any ONE thing or shake this feeling of restlessness…..sigh.

i love george.

and your birds as always…swoon…..xo