Friday, June 20, 2008

Angels are all around us

Today was a good day. And here's one of the reasons why: Today I opened my Gmail account and found an e-mail from someone who saw my blog after she googled WildBlue. Regular readers of this blog will remember this post I wrote with the name Wild Blue Internet service in the post title. This person also happens to work for Wild Blue Internet and today, she helped me get my problems straightened out and I upgraded to a bigger package with more speed and a higher usage threshold. I still don't understand it all, but she is helping me to figure it all out.
So to all my friends, I'm back. My speed is excellent and I can easily get into my account. I don't want to overdo it, because my bandwith usage icon still indicates I'm over the max, so something's up with that. But it's working!
I want to thank my co-worker, Rich, who also happens to be my biggest fan, for suggesting I post about Wild Blue Internet. I also want to thank Mike for helping to explain things to me. Another nod goes to my dog, George, because I think the person from Wild Blue was very taken with him.
But I especially want to thank my new friend, the Angel. I've already told her via e-mail, but I'd like to say it here in public. If Wild Blue Internet has decent people like this working for them, they can't be all bad.
~ Sincerely, Country Girl

12 comments:

brneyedgal967 said...

First, I am soooo glad that they have a nice person working for them that was concerned about your needs and addressed them. That's all we ask for as consumers - courtesy, is it not?

Second, I apologize for my profane comment to the service rep who commented on your rant post - IF - that person was the angel. If not, then I don't apologize because that person didn't help at all.

Does that all make sense?

Regardless... glad you're back. So am I. :-)

Country Girl said...

Yes, it makes sense, Tammy. Nice to see you back around! I've just been on your site at the same time you've been on mine. How's that for freaky?

No, the angel was not that person. If it were, then she would have helped me. I don't think that person meant any harm, though. I think they were just trying to explain the FTP to me. Still, though, 30 days in a Time Out is harsh, to say the least, especially when I never received a warning. I didn't know about this Time Out punishment at the time I signed up. At least now, I have someone who cares.

~ C.G.

Stacey Olson said...

We all need a few more angles in our lives, as well.. we all need to try to be an angle for someone everyday.! thanks for sharing.

Shimmy Mom said...

Yeah!! Welcome Back to normal. How big of you to thank your "ANGEL".

Mental P Mama said...

Wow. The Angels of the Universe are always working hard! This is wonderful news...

Minna Dyer said...

Hooray!!!

Mary said...

Yay, Kate! The world needs more angels.
xoxo,
Mary

abb said...

Blessings come in many guises! Hurray for you!
So glad you're back full force!

Leslie: said...

So happy for you! This is much better for Wild Blue than your previous gripes.

Anonymous said...

Oh my GOSH! You're out of internet time out! Excellent!!

And who ISN"T taken by George???

Anonymous said...

I'm happy you are out of "time out". That means you can come out and play! yay! I've enjoyed reading your blog. (I'm still an amatuer)

Well, hope your having a good day then.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I'm glad they are finally helping you out! The usage monitor has a bit of a delay. It used to be updated once a day, but they recently changed it and now it appears to change a few times a day.

Keep on on it it at least once a day to learn what your usage is doing to the numbers.