Friday, August 22, 2014

New fall movies

It’s no secret how much I love good cinematic escape. Today I stumbled on a link that took me to so many movies that are coming out between Sept. and Christmas. I’ve posted a few here but seriously – you need to visit the link below. Some of them look fantastic.

30 Fantastic Movies You Can’t Miss This Fall

 

The Theory of Everything

The story of Stephen Hawking. It’s a love story, which isn’t really my cup of tea, but it looks extremely interesting. In theaters Nov. 7.

 

Inherent Vice

I really need to read the book because I might not be able to wait until December 12 to see this movie. I love a good detective flick and this one takes place in during the psychodelic 60’s in California. I hope the soundtrack is groovy.

 

The Judge

Robert Downey, Jr. as a hotshot lawyer and Robert Duvall as his estrange father, a judge who has been accused of murder. Count me in. Release date is Oct. 10.

 

The Skeleton Twins

I love Kristen Wiig and she stars here with her old Saturday Night Live co-star, Bill Hader. They play twins who haven’t seen each other for ten years and initial reviews have deemed their performances to be knockouts. In theaters Sept. 12.

 

St. Vincent

Bill Murray at his curmudgeonly best. In theaters Oct. 24.

 

:   :   :

 

Hope you liked ~

123 Signature[5]

17 comments:

Linda Kay said...

Thanks for the tips...I'll be watching for them on the big screen!

Sabrina Steyling said...

I'm not a fan of Stephen Hawking (we totally don't share the same belief system), but the movie itself looks very interesting. I would love to see the new Annie movie, too - it's a timeless story that I just can't get enough of! :)

JaneK said...

break out the popcorn!!!!

Daryl said...

they all - except for the Wiig movie i do not care for her - sound good .. but you know i will have to wait for Academy screeners or Netflix ....

donna baker said...

Bill Murray is my all time fav. Can't wait to see that film.

Lisa Gordon said...

These all sound really interesting, Kate.

Beth said...

Just looked at the list. If you haven't already, you must read Unbroken. Incredible is the best word for it!

Nellie said...

We are so far behind on movie watching that we will never be caught up! Hope you enjoy these! xo Nellie

Unknown said...

"Chronicles of a Country Girl" has been included in our A Sunday Drive. Be assured that we hope this helps to point even more visitors in your direction.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2014/08/a-sunday-drive_24.html

Jenny Woolf said...

I often find that trailers for movies either put me right off or else make it seem better than it really is? I love to watch them though, all the same. I generally go for the concept and genre of a movie, if I think about what makes me want to see it. Then I read the reviews

Country Gal said...

We are looking forward to these and our shows new seasons starting up . Thanks for sharing , Have a good week !

Cloudia said...

First I've heard. Thanks, Hon ♥

Carolynn Anctil said...

I love a good movie, too and several of these have piqued my interest. Thanks!

Carolynn
A Glowing Ember

Low Tide High Style said...

Wow, sign me up too, thanks for the link!

xo Kat

beth said...

wow….i just watched all of these and i can't wait to see them. i love a good movie!! the judge really caught my attention….and the skeleton twins since i love kristen…oh and st. vincent…and and and….SEE….oh this will be a good movie season coming this fall!!!

Lili said...

Those were fun to watch and now I'm craving popcorn.

GailO said...

I am definitely in for that Robert Downey Jr film....love him!