Sunday, August 17, 2014

Weekend bliss

It was an absolutely beautiful weekend. I met my brother, Pete, and his family down at the Jersey Shore where they have their RV campsite. They also invited our other brother, Steve, who is Pete’s twin. We had a wonderful time.

On Friday, we went crabbing near Sea Isle City and most of the photos in this post were taken there.

 

DSC_2496 copy 2

 

DSC_2504 copy 2

 

 

DSC_2371 copy 2

Across the roadway, herons and egrets were out in full force. It was just beautiful.

Wish I had a longer lens, though.

 

DSC_2492 copy 2

 

DSC_2427 copy 2

 

DSC_2412 copy 2

 

DSC_2435 copy 2

 

Back at the campsite . . .

DSC_2346 copy 2

My niece is laughing because her younger brother came over to lie down in the hammock with her and within moments was sound asleep. He was probably exhausted from all the fun he’s been having. I just thought it was a cute photo and sincerely hope he isn’t embarrassed by it.

 

DSC_2517 copy 2

It was well worth the trip just to see my brothers laughing, fishing, and having a good time. I’m so glad Pete and his wife (hi, Patty) invited us!

 

Until later, my friends . . .

123 Signature[5]

16 comments:

beth said...

i'm so glad you had a great weekend!!! and the hammock photo…too cute! sure wish i could fall asleep anywhere at anytime :)
xox

Cloudia said...

Idyllic weekend down the shore! I smell. . . and hear. . . remember. . . and smile.

Thank You for sharing




ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
=^..^= . <3 . >< } } (°>

JaneK said...

Awwwww...... Too fun :-)
Glad it was good

Kerri Farley said...

So glad you had a nice time!!!

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...


Perfect way to spend a weekend and recharge on life and family time -

The JR said...

my sister and her boyfriend are at the Jersey Shore this weekend too. They are going to be there for about 10 days.

Linda Kay said...

Nice catch on the fish! The two in the chairs with the fishing poles is fun to see. I'm jealous.

thotlady said...

Simply beautiful photos Kate. Lovely family.

Daryl said...

what wonderful photos … don't you have a 300mm?

Sally said...

Beautiful photo's! It's always so nice to be with family. :)

Lisa Gordon said...

What a wonderful weekend, Kate, and it looks like a really beautiful place to be.

Sabrina Steyling said...

Beautiful photos! I've saved some of the water ones to use as desktop wallpaper on my computer. :)

DesertHen said...

What a beautiful weekend getaway!

abb said...

You're happy! How wonderful! xooxoxo

Lili said...

Oh that was fun to see...such sweet family memories you captured.

GailO said...

I forgot you have twin brothers! What a fantastic, big family you have! Looks like the weekend was lots of fun...did you sleep in the camper too?