Sunday, August 31, 2008

Apparently, I kick a**

Late last week, I heard that Jeannelle, over at Midlife by Farmlight (the name of which I love, by the way) had awarded me the Kick Ass Blogger award.

Thanks, Jeannelle!

According to the guidelines, which were developed by Mamma Dawg, the blog to be awarded must have any of the following criteria:
a mixture of incredible, original content,
overflowing with creativity,
a blog that enables you to become a better blogger,
a bloggy friend you know you can count on,
someone who inspires you to become a better person,
someone who sends you to the floor, laughing your a** off.

Well, heck, Jeannelle, if you think I possess even one of the stringent guideline criteria listed here, then I'll say ding dang diddly, which happens to be one of my favorite things to say (much to the chagrin of my husband). Oh, don't worry. I don't say it at cocktail parties, or when I'm entertaining royalty. I do enjoy saying it at all other times, however.

You also need to know that all award recipients are to choose 5 award winners.
I am choosing three because I like the number 3. And they are Mary at Little Red House, Debra at Georgia Rector's and Olivia at Parvum Opus. I'm choosing these three because I'm in a photography kind of mood. Each one possesses photographic skills that leave me breathless at times, jealous at other times (although I'm not really a jealous sort-of person) and just plain feeling good all the time. So please go give them all a visit, when you're able.

Mary, Debra and Olivia should contact the recipients they, in turn, choose, link to them, then link back to mammadawg.com, at this post, and put their name on the Mr. Linky list there. Did you notice how many commas there were in this sentence? It's got a plethora of commas. I also like saying the word plethora, in case you hadn't gathered that.

Until tomorrow, my friends.

11 comments:

Jeannelle said...

You do possess ALL of the stringent criteria for this award!! (I haven't seen that word "stringent" in ages.) Keep up the great blogging!

Country Girl said...

Vocabulary is my business.

Well, not really, but I sure do like it. Thanks again, Jeannelle!

~ C.G.

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Ooooo...an award? I feel very blessed to be one of the 3 bloggers you chose to gift this award. I'm in pretty awesome company with the other two. That's a tall order to live up to. Thanks MUCH! You're the best, Kate. I hope you, hubs and George enjoy what's left of the Labor Day holiday weekend. Thanks again...

P.S. I too love the word plethora. I'm a vocab geek myself ;)

Mental P Mama said...

Well deserved! Have a great day!

Deb said...

I love the work soliloquey if you are asking. Love your photos by the way. Thanks for the great posts that keep me coming back!

tj said...

...Yep, it's true! Kate, you're a booty kickin' machine I'm tellin' ya...lol... ;o)

...Congrat's on the well deserved award!

...Blessings too... :o)

Anonymous said...

plethora is a kickass word, now isn't it??

Hey, I'm going to steal ding dang diddly. I love that!! Oh, it's okay to steak it from you, isn't it? Be sure to tell your husband that soon it's going to be the new saying and he'll hear it everywhere. He can be so proud of you!!

Mary said...

Thank you so much! I am really honored and I will pass it on soon.

So tell us, what do veddy proper Brits say when a phrase like "ding dang diddly is called for? I'm dying to know!
xoxo,
Mary

Shimmy Mom said...

Congrats on your award. You do kick a**!
*hugs*

Country Girl said...

Kacey, steal away. You'll be the talk of the town when you begin using that phrase.

Mary, he says "bloody hell" rather than ding dang diddly. It sort of means the same thing.

~ C.G.

Train Wreck said...

Congratulations! You do have a kick A#@! Blog! With awesome pictures!