Sunday, October 7, 2012

Then you are the warm gulf wind

It’s a three-day weekend for me and the weather has suddenly changed. We have all of the windows shut because of the cold and today it’s supposed to rain. Yesterday went from a sunny morning to clouds later on and then back to sunny again in the late afternoon.

My husband made grilled cheese sandwiches and a salad with the last of the tomatoes that he found in the garden for dinner. I had mine with a bowl of Amy’s chunky tomato soup. Perfect for a Saturday night.

When I came home from work on Friday, I found this feather placed at my seat at the table.



DSC_4458 copy 2

My husband has always brought me feathers.




DSC_4490 copy 2

It came from one of these guys – the downy woodpecker.


:   :   :


Saturday morning was spent with coffee and my camera in my favorite spot on the patio while I put off my chores as long as I could. My husband had been up for hours and had a load of wash on the line and had just finished washing the cars.

It was a beautiful morning – so full of promise.



DSC_4477 copy 2

The leaves are beginning to turn and the dogwood is always the first.




DSC_4611 copy 2

I tried to capture some birds at the feeders and got a little wing action. But not much.




DSC_4541 copy 2

Morning glories on the wane.




DSC_4507 copy 2

I love the way they climb.



DSC_4521 copy 2

We had these in our salads at dinner.




DSC_4544 copy 2

After chores, I went back outside to relax. Yesterday I washed the kitchen floor on my hands and knees because it really needed it badly. I use a foam garden cushion when I kneel but my knees are really feeling it this morning.

But at least the floor is clean.



DSC_4562 copy 2

Too blown out on the light parts of the bird.




DSC_4562 copy 3

But the wing is pretty.





DSC_4495 copy 2

Leaving on a jet plane.

We’re on the flight path from the Philadelphia Airport.




DSC_4535 copy 2

Moon flowers in the morning.




DSC_4467 copy 2

And my favorite guy looking purdy. He was looking pretty bored when I shot the image prior to this, so I mentioned the word, ‘squirrel’ and he perked up.

Speaking of perking up, I heard this tune on my favorite radio station while driving home on Friday. I really like it.




:)

And if I am a sailor
You are the warm gulf wind
And you've blow into this little port
And roused my dreams again.


:   :   :


Enjoy your Sunday, all.

And a Happy Thanksgiving to our Canada friends ~

123 Signature[5]

26 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

FAB WING Action!
Nothing better than grilled cheese and tomato soup....
LOVE the song :)
and I LOVE GEORGE :)

Hilary said...

Grilled cheese is one of my faves. I found this recipe for tomato parm soup, I like the two together.
George is just so photogenice, I love his face. Just makes me smile.
Don't tell Roy.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

You two have me craving grilled cheese and tomato parm soup now!

And you get more wing action than I do, that's for sure. :-)

Have a great remainder of the weekend... just love that your husband has always brought you feathers. Something about that line.. beautiful.

Marilyn said...

such lovely sights on a wet and chilly morn...see George...it's Autumn at last....stay dry!!

Country Gal said...

Oh my I do the same to Miggy if she looks bored and I want to take a photo of her ! Awesome photos ,some times I like to see the not so perfect photos from others . I find them just as good ! Your day sounds pretty much like my days around here , I always make time to sit in my fave spot on my porch and take photos as well nothing like it ! Have a wonderful weekend !

sonia said...

What superb photos! And I had a bowl of Amy's tomato last night... yum!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Lovely cheery post - and wonderful photographs.

msdewberry said...

Grilled cheese and Tomato Soup are one of my favorite Comfort food combos! I could eat that at breakfast even! Love the bird wings, I tryed yesterday to get some flying action but they are too quick! Sounds like you had a wonderful day relaxing at home, we all need those kind of days to recharge the battery so to speak.
Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Cait O'Connor said...

I did enjoy this, right through from the grilled cheese sandwiches to the moon flower in the morning and gorgeous Purdy and great poetry to end. Thank you!

Daryl said...

that hummer giving you his/her bum is perfect as is the take off shot ..that is a lovely token A left for you ...

Sabrina Steyling said...

Grilled cheese and tomato soup, yum! I'm so hungry for that now. ;)

George is so handsome, I'd love having a dog like him around; too funny about saying squirrel to him to get that expression out of him. :)

Your moon flowers are beautiful!

GailO said...

Gifts of feathers would be more precious to me than silver and gold:)

Grilled cheese and tomato soup is like hugs and kisses...they just go together:) The meal makes me nostalgic as we had it often growing up...

I lvoe you wing action!

sharon said...

Mmmmm grilled cheese and tomato soup. sounds good to me! Have a good day.

Low Tide High Style said...

Great song, handsome George, jealous of the clean floor, beautiful wing pics, and I LOVE that feather!

Kat

Candace said...

Shot #4 is great, what a POV! That's sweet about the feather.

Jill of All Trades said...

I LOVE, love, love the moon flower. Stunning! It's chilly here this morning and I'm ready to see the sun again. three days of no sun makes this girl a bit grumpy!

Barbara said...

Beautiful photos and your post evokes a sense of calm. Thank you!

Sylvia said...

Your photos of George always make me want to hug him!
Thank you for the radio link. I went to the Folk station and they were playing Joni Mitchell's "Cactus Tree." Ah, what a time travel that was!

The JR said...

Have a great day off today!

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Beautiful photos! George is just so handsome! Hmm, I'm thinking a grilled cheese sandwich sounds pretty good with a bowl of tomato soup!

beth said...

our windows are closed, too....and it's time to bring my plants from the screened in porch into the house.....

i love the wings of your bird shots....they remind me of hope and life.

our son's girlfriend brought her dog over yesterday for a visit. he's just 4 months old and our son has already taught him to sit and shake. i was quite taken with intelligence.

enjoy today. your third day of the weekend. i hope you're doing something FUN, as cleaning floors on your knees is NOT fun, but i know sometimes necessary.

xo

Cloudia said...

don't be over-critical of your amazing shots because you understand where the band aids
hide 'flaws' Play, musician, and let us judge the music!


Aloha from Waikiki,
Have a sweet week
Comfort Spiral
=^..^=

> < } } ( ° >

Reena said...

Love your birdie wings! And George of course. Hope you had a relaxing day. It was my last day here in Maine for a while. And it ended up being pretty darn perfect. Sunny and warm.
xoxo

Bonnie said...

Loved all the photos. It's hard to choose between the B&W and color, each has it's own "mood", all are beautiful.
George makes me smile... What a face! ♥

Bluebird49 said...

Funny--I had "half-way homemade tomato and onion soup" with a salad--last of tomatoes on vine in soup!Soup and stew night here...easy and not so filling for 2 old retired folks.
Awesome photos---all the time---here!
You always have the best "post titles"! You just always have it right. :-)

Lili said...

You make me hungry for healthy food after I just ate some chocolate. I should have read this before! Oh I love that your husband brings you feathers. And I love your photos of feathers. It's all so beautiful! xoxo ~Lili