Tuesday, October 16, 2012

What lies within us

To all of you who wrote me today asking if everything was ok after opening my blog this morning to see the message that it had been removed – I thank you for caring.

It was odd for it to happen on the heels of my prior post, but it was only a google sign-in issue and I didn’t see it until I was leaving for the hospital at 5:30 this morning. It was a request for a sign-in verification that I figured I would just do when I got there. But for some reason, I couldn’t get wifi, and when I did, I couldn’t do the captcha phrase. Geez, I cannot stand them with their squiggly and deformed letters and I swear it took me nearly a dozen times to get it right.

Sometimes when you see a blog has been removed, it’s a sign-in issue. I don’t plan on removing this blog, ok?

 

DSC_4690 copy

These are for you. I put them in a little vase.

Actually it’s a little jam jar but it does the trick.

:  :  :

I apologize for not posting on a more regular basis, but I have such little energy left at the end of the evening. After dinner, I relax with reading or knitting and then I go to bed early. I found these inspirational quotes because so many of you are writing me and I know you all have your own crosses to bear. My heart goes out to you.

:  :  :

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. 

~C.C. Scott

:  :  :

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops . . . at all. 

~Emily Dickinson

:  :  :

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.

~Robert Brault

:  :  :

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.  ~Henry Stanley Haskins (commonly misattributed to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

just in case you wanted to know. ha!

See you soon ~

123 Signature[5]

30 comments:

Snap said...

I had the same thing happen with my blog so I knew you were still there/here! The quotes are lovely. Thinking of you and wishing all well.

Mental P Mama said...

Think of you so much. That last quote always makes my spine tingle. We need to catch up...

Caroline said...

Love the quotes... Thinking of you. Glad your blog is still here!

JC said...

I thought it might be something puter wise.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

I knew it was a glitch... absolutely love that last quote, it's one of my favorites..

Nellie said...

These quotes are sustaining and comforting. Please know that I continue to send encouraging thoughts your way. Hugs, Nellie

beth said...

whew....i didn't respond to your email, but came here instead to see that everything is okay in your blogging world.....YES !!!

and that energy thing.....girl, you have every right to be exhausted by the end of the day without apologies. we love you no matter how often you post !!

xo

Country Gal said...

Glad you got your sigh in straightened out . Sometimes I don't see a new post till the evening . I think its because a lot of us are on different time zones as is blogger ! Lovely photo thanks for the cute jar of flowers for us all. No apologies needed life is just like that. Glad to hear you all are doing ok .

Cloudia said...

Thanks for modeling calm in the face of: "MY BLOG IS GONE!!!!"

You remind us to enjoy what matters, and that others are in their own stories.

Thanks, Sis


Aloha from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

JaneK said...

love using jam jars as vases; I'd like to say b/c I think it is shabby chic but it is mostly b/c that is all I have :-/

and I just need to tell you (for a smile) that the title of tonight's post was way to close to a horror movie title :) I watch too much tv and see way too many commercials - never watch those movies, though - and don't read enough classic books... but now I can be in the know about Haskins :)

RURAL said...

Just post when, and how it works for you Kate...that's the really cool thing about the blogging community, they are very supportive and caring.

I finally gave up on those word verification, and gave them my cell number to text me a verification code...it's beyond reason to ask anyone to figure those out.

Thank you for the quotes...we all need a little encouragement, and they are wonderful.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

Low Tide High Style said...

Glad everything is ok...and thank you for the flowers, they are lovely! I always thought that quote was from RWE, you learn something new every day!

Kat

Anonymous said...

Glad everything is okay. You and your husband are in my thoughts

Cindi

becky up the hill said...

I agree with all the kind words. I did panic a little, must admit. Peace and Grace.

Anonymous said...

Captcha phrases... ugh. They should be out-lawed. I can never read them either for heaven sakes.

Daryl said...

hey ... did you ever get that knitting pattern worked out? xo

Mary said...

Thank you for the flowers -- they are beautiful! We've had a few light frosts here, and things are looking a little bedraggled.

Glad you are still here. Don't worry about posting often. We are happy to see whatever you wish to share. Here is my contribution to your list of quotes:

“I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts. That hope always triumphs over experience. That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death.”
― Robert Fulghum, All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten

GailO said...

Thanks for all these gifts! The photo, the wonderful quotes, and taking this time to blog...They are all cherished:)

I have an impossible time with those new captcha phrase thingies too...I sometimes just don't comment if I see one show up:)

The JR said...

I hate that verification too.

Luv the flowers.

Em Parkinson said...

Wise words. The flowers are gorgeous and beautifully photographed too of course.

You have so many people who have you in their thoughts. I hope it gives you a little bit of help getting through these really difficult times. x

Barbara said...

Just did a quick catch-up on your last posts and want you to know you and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers.

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Thank you for the flowers and the words.

Anonymous said...

So glad you are still here! I enjoy your blog so much and look forward to it. Hang in there!

Kerri Farley said...

We completely understand ..... Thank you for the times you do post and for sharing with us!

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

Stopped in to check on you (and be inspired)... Love your work and words. Wishing you and your family all good things.

mrs mediocrity said...

Well, I missed all the excitement, but thanks for the flowers ;-)

Jeanne Walker said...

Dang...sorry to hear that that pesky tumor is back. Praying for success with the radiation and for DH's healing! Praying for you too, Sweet Friend!!

Jeanne Walker said...

Dang...that pesky tumor cam back! Praying that the radiation burns it up and praying for DH's healing and for you too!

Lili said...

I adore the simplicity of those flowers in the jar. And that's a wonderful collection of inspirational quotes. xo

Egghead said...

I so love the quote by C.C. Scott. It is so very true. What I thought I could not bear I did and am still doing so. Keep the faith Kat and know that I think of you and your trials often. I know!