I’m a little late to the party because it’s already Saturday so for what it’s worth ~
1. We had a big storm come through last night. I love the raindrops it left on the azalea blooms. Springtime makes me catch my breath sometimes with its beauty.
2. I have no idea how old this azalea bush is, but it’s huge. I can feel the history of this property that we caretake here on a hill in Maryland. The house is old and needs a little work, but it feels safe and strong.
3. I was surprised to realize that this is the 5th spring that my husband and I have lived here.
4. I love movies. Last night I watched The Petrified Forest (1936), a black & white classic featuring Leslie Howard, a very young Bette Davis, and Humphrey Bogart in his first film appearance.
Howard reportedly insisted that Humphrey Bogart appear in the film as gangster Duke Mantee. It proved to be Bogart's break-out role. Howard and Bogart had previously appeared in the play together on Broadway and became lifelong friends; Bogart and Lauren Bacall later named their daughter "Leslie Howard Bogart" after him. ~Wikipedia
Loved it. Thank you to my sister-in-law, Barb, for suggesting it to me.
5. One of my mother’s favorite trees was the dogwood, and she would have been 91 years old on the 18th. After she passed away in 2006, my sisters and I began writing to each other as group e-mails and it’s this correspondence that often gets me through my worst days. And for that, I am so thankful.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend.