Saturday, February 14, 2009

What a dog wants

Even though it's too late to order gifts for your special pooch on Valentine's Day (as if I would, honestly) it's sort of fun to cruise the Internet looking at the crazy things people will actually buy for their pets gifts for that discriminating pet in your life.

But what do dogs really want for Valentine's Day? And specifically, what do discriminating dogs want?

Sitting down at my computer tonight, I came up with a few items that the pampered pooch in your life may really enjoy.

VictorianTradingCodogshmpoo

This shampoo is on sale from the Victorian Trading Company. It's got a French name, so it must be good.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

VictorianTradingCodoggiedsThese doggie donuts are also from the same company. Plus, they're on sale.

 

What dog could resist those beautiful colors, those artistic creations?

 

 

 

BubbaRoseValentines

These dog cookies are from the Bubba Rose Biscuit Company. George received biscuits for Christmas from his friends, Gus and Rosie in NYC and I thought he'd fallen in love.

 

He loved those biscuits.

 

 

 

 

 

BubbaRoseStudI can't see this for my dog. But I suppose it will fit some personalities.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

VictorianTradingCoApronAnd look, I think I've finally found my new apron.

And it's under twenty bucks on sale.

 

 

We've always given each other cards on Valentine's Day and I occasionally get the wonderful box of chocolates. This year I made my husband a card. It's really weird. 'm sure he'll think it's weird, but it was the thought that counted.

 

So on that note, I'll say

 

Until Tomorrow, my friends . . .

 

19 comments:

An English Shepherd said...

I just want to go for a nce walk on Valentine's Day :-)

Shimmy Mom said...

That apron is awesome. I want one too.

*hugs*

A Scattering said...

Hope you have a great Valentine's day with your sweetie.

Mental P Mama said...

Sending you all the best. And an apron:)

abb said...

The things to buy online...

Stella asked me to send a Happy Valentine's Day hug to George. (I told her to play hard to get...she's not listening!)

Barb said...

Happy valentines day....Barb

dlyn said...

Yup- Riley is all about the cookies! He does not want the shampoo though - water is bad. Very very bad. Water in the bathtub is even worse - dogs have died from getting in there, you know.

ELK said...

you made me smile thanks !

Egghead said...

I think the hand made cards are the best. One year a long time ago we had no money and my husband made me a card on plain white papers with the kids' crayons. The best one I have ever had. Happy Valentines Day...treasure each other. I love that apron.

Unknown said...

Those biscuits look good enough for me to eat!
Sugar will get a "special treat" but not quite that fancy!
And I LOVE that apron...GREAT BUY!!

High Desert Diva said...

I don't think Trux would care about elaborate treats...he'll eat anything.

The apron will coordinate perfectly with your pink countertop!

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

What a gorgeous apron! I wish more people could appreciate all the attirbutes of a good apron...love 'em!

cottage farm villa said...

The apron is a MUST!!!!!!! Prettiest ever. I will post mine someday. I don't wear it though (my sweet son bought it for me at Anthropologie)...It just hangs there to look pretty. Maybe I will put it on today to make my valentine cupcakes! We used to take our "sweet girl" to petsmart and let her look around and pick her treats from the bottom shelves. It was funny how she didn't "hog" the first thing but browsed around. She was such a girl! I wanted to stop by and wish you, hubby and Geroge a Happy Valentines Day! Love and Hugs ~ Cheryl

The Weaver of Grass said...

What did that Border collie get for valentines day? Sure husband would love home-made card - says far more than a bought one.

Deb said...

A red bandana tied around George's neck and a belly rub. He'd love the latter the most!

Chere said...

My 4-legged babies have Valentine's Day every day. They are so spoiled. They may get an extra cookies today. Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!

Daryl said...

Oh I do like that apron it would make a lovely summer shift.

I am sure he will think its weird, men are like that ... but it IS the thought that counts and the love behind that .. which you know he knows is there ...

muaaah!

Anonymous said...

Well George looks like a pampered pooch!

Having a little give away over at my blog today!
http://sprucehill.typepad.com/
Come over for a visit!

Woman in a Window said...

That is a really nice apron! And those blue dog donuts with the vintage card...pretty...although I've said pretty 3 times here today. I sense a theme.