Last night, my husband announced plans for our Saturday, telling me that when we got up this morning, we were packing up the car and going somewhere.
He wouldn’t say where, and I didn’t believe him in the first place. So when I got up this morning, it was anyone’s guess as to what the day held in store for me. I had some plans of my own, which I accomplished in the end, but the world was our oyster on Saturday morning.
Last night, he told me that he didn’t understand how I could continue to sleep past the time he gets up (which is 5:30 am), when he talks to the dog in the bedroom, goes to put coffee on, takes a shower and returns to turn on the light and make noise, all while I continue to sleep.
“I don’t understand how you can do that,” he told me.
“It’s a gift,” I answered.
“So wake me, okay?” I said.
Personally, I think it IS a gift to continue sleeping while someone else is making noise.
Come the morning, we had sandwiches and drinks packed and were out the driveway by 7:30 am, heading for places unknown. I’ve learned not to even ask anymore, because I like being surprised and I’m usually never disappointed.
Today we ended up at the edge of the next county over (Harford County), at Conowingo Dam, where there is a nice nature/biking trail. It was a beautiful morning here in Maryland and these are just some glimpses of what I noticed along the trail.
We walked just over 2 miles in one direction and then turned around and walked back.
It was a good walk and the trail was busy with hikers and bikers and birders and nature lovers.
My feet started hurting on the way back, so I began to go slower, taking photos of things along the way that I found interesting.
(And dreaming of the pedicure I had planned for after we returned home. This was one of my goals for the weekend.
It was a beautiful morning hike and the weather continues to remain pleasant here in my neck of the woods. However, the tables are turning come the beginning of the week when hot and humid temps are predicted.
And now, if you are so inclined, here are some weekend questions for you:
~ :: ~~ :: ~~ :: ~~ :: ~~ :: ~
1. The strangest thing I've ever eaten was _______________________________ .
2. My best friend is _______________________________________ .
3. If I could live in a different era it would be ____________________________ .
4. I like ___________________________ .
5. If you only know one thing about me it should be ______________________.
6. The one beauty product I couldn't live without is _______________________ .
7. If I could star in a movie with any actor/actress I would want to work with _____________________ .
8. One of the best feelings in the world is ________________________________ .
See you in the comment section, my friends . . .