Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A peek in the manor house

When I moved here, I promised the owners of this home that I wouldn’t post photographs of their antiques or belongings on my blog. Because several of their things are still scattered throughout the house, I often don’t show too many photos of the inside.

I thought it might be fun to take a look back at some of the posts I’ve written that feature photographs of the inside of the house.

I mean, if you're interested.


DSC_0099 copy 2

This is the little area out the dining room and foyer doors. I was standing in the foyer and taking this shot through the screen and I thought to myself, “I really don’t want to camp for an entire week."

More on that later, though.

Below are a few posts of the manor house that I’ve done since we moved here. There are more than this – but I didn’t want to overwhelm you with too much to read. A couple of them are from my photography blog which I haven’t updated since last December.


I want a perfect soul


A look into my house


I am a domestic goddess and i don't care who knows it


A hand-made Christmas tree


Dressing room vignette


Through the door


Standing in the dining room


Welcome home (this was written just a few days after we moved here)



DSC_0097 copy 2

Hope you enjoy.

I love this little porch. It stays in the shade for a good part of the afternoon. You can see the garden in the background.


DSC_0081 copy 2

Thanks for stopping by today.

It means much to me.

123 Signature

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

is it hard to live with and around someone else's stuff....i think for me, it would be.

even when we rent for only a week or a month, i try to make the space mine as much as possible...

i honestly didn't know that their things were still in the house.....

now i'm going back and reading some of your posts that you linked to learn more....
ox
beth

beth said...

google won't let me leave a comment so i had to come in as anonymous :(

beth said...

well now that time it did.....goofy thing !!!

Country Girl said...

I don't mind it at all, Beth. The things are beautiful. And many of them come in handy as much of it is furniture.

k

JacksDad said...

I love the garden, but then again, at this time of year, anything green looks really good to me! :)

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

It is such a beautiful peaceful place. The porch is my favorite place to sit--in my rocking chair of course with a nice cool beverage! Happy Summer!

Reena said...

I love porches ... and I enjoyed strolling through your past links. That was fun.
But then, camping is not. LOL

Deb said...

that was fun...

TexWisGirl said...

it's nice that you are respectful of the owners and their property and are careful to keep interior shots to a minimum. but you share enough of your life there with George and your black kitty to give us a feeling of home. :)

Cathy@barco scrubs said...

I love the porch and the garden. And you know what, I'm planning to have a house like this in the future, with a porch and a wide backyard for a garden and play yard for my future children. :)

Anonymous said...

I think it's wonderful the arrangement that you have with the homeowner. We should all be so lucky. :-)

Cloudia said...

thanks for inviting us in




Aloha from Honolulu

Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>


><}}(°>

<°)}}><

Mary said...

It is a wonderful house! And oh, how I would love to have a screened porch... :)
xoxo

wayne15575 said...

Thank you so much Kate. I have really enjoyed the trip through the manor. I love it when you do that. Makes me feel at home when I come visit.

Skogkjerring said...

I never knew people did things like that, rented out their homes with their things still there. Granted this is an old manor home and I am sure the things they left "belong" with the house, still....that must be kind of odd to live with someone else´s things in your home??

It´s a charming home though, I´d enjoy sitting on that little porch with a cold glass of ice tea myself.

Have a great day!

Lili said...

I so enjoyed getting more little glimpses into the manor house. And of course learning a little bit more about you and your life there. Like seeing a pic of your Ralph that I didn't know about before. That is so cool that Geo. Washington actually visited there too. I love your living room/library and the color of those bookshelves. And that Christmas tree that your husband surprised you with was sweet AND amazing! What a special place to call home Kate. xo ~Lili

Mental P Mama said...

It is a very special place. Trust me.....

mrs mediocrity said...

love the porch...sigh. i want one.

Daryl said...

Its such a charming old house in person .. the character just oozes

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy a good view of your fantastic photography.

Bluebird49 said...

I love that you did this! I've been wanting more peeks at it--I love the history of it all. I know it must be "different" living in a house that's not QUITE yours---but hey--how many people get to live in houses our first president visited? And one that provides you with peace and quiet, a place for the black and white, and a breakfast nook over which to discuss the delights of camping.
Oops. Didn't mean delights. It must be the heat today, and the migraine. Delights--no. ;)

Lisa said...

Absolutely beautiful. Thanks Kate

The JR said...

A great house....beautiful place.