Friday, January 25, 2008

Bright Spot in a Dull Day

These little rosehips were in a bouquet of white roses I bought recently. The roses have since wilted but the these little hips are still going strong. I love how they look in the sunshine like this.
It's still pretty cold here in Maryland, and this afternoon during George's walk, the wind kicked up pretty strong. Just thinking of sunshine is a comforting. And looking at the flowers, even more so.
Thanks to everyone who has been visiting this site and leaving comments both here and on my e-mail. I started this site recently because well, since my mother passed away in August 2006, I'd been writing back and forth to my three sisters on a fairly regular basis; sometimes daily. I've always loved to take pictures and would always attach a couple at the end of every e-mail. They were nice, and my sisters would like them, but I wanted to make them look better. I was just looking for a way to jazz things up a bit. So I decided to put them on a blog, not thinking that anyone besides my sisters and other family members and maybe some close friends would visit. So thanks for your words of encouragement, from the people I know and love to people that have stumbled on my site and visit daily now.
I've been working on knitting a scarf for a friend. One of my sisters suggested doing a knitting post some day. I'm thinking about it, Ginny. It'd be a snap if I actually knew more than one knitting stitch! Readers are reminded to check the site tomorrow between 6 and 7 pm for this week's Weekend Guessing Game. It's probably going to be way too easy again. Have a great Friday and stop back after dinner if you want to play the game.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, I'm glad you decided to blog and post your pictures. I just love these rosehip shots! Your pictures on the site are gorgeous.

Minna Dyer said...

I love how you make it seem like it could be Spring with all your "brightness".
I've been too cold lately...

Anonymous said...

I agree with Miriam... the way you write, I can almost feel the warm seeping my cold bones. :)

Anonymous said...

I've done my fair share of writing too. Thanks for always being there for me.