Monday, March 2, 2009

Simple Woman’s Daybook, March 2, 2009

 

For Today


Outside my window the sky is dark and we’re waiting for the snow to begin.
I am thinking about all the snow that’s being predicted.
I am thankful for my family.
From the kitchen are scents from the remnants of dinner. And dessert, which was Apple Cheese Crisp.
simple-woman-daybook-smallI am wearing my pajama bottoms and a sweater. And my sheep slippers.
I am creating some new photo files.
I am going to pay my bills tomorrow. I promise.
I am reading the Baltimore Sun.
I am hoping that my in-laws make it home safe from Florida.
I am hearing a Nascar race on the TV. Unfortunately I can see it, too. Sorry. Nascar’s not my thing. But I don’t mind so much because it means my husband is still around.
Around the house, it could use some tidying up. Hopefully, we’ll have a snow day tomorrow.
One of my favorite things is having a snow day.
A few plans for the rest of the week? Nah. I don’t really have any.


Here is picture thought I am sharing

DSC_0005 copy

This was taken a few months ago. It’s just a corner of the living room to which I added a texture. It was free and it had no strings. I knew you’d be excited.

To visit others who are sharing their thoughts today, visit The Simple Woman’s Daybook homepage.

Until tomorrow, my friends . . .

19 comments:

Char said...

beautiful and peaceful (the shot is the same)

Outside my window the sky is dark and the wind is blowing.
I am thinking about what I need to do this week.
I am thankful for my family.
From the kitchen are quiet sounds of the dishwasher and the haunting call of cheesecake.
I am wearing jeans, a white tank and a red tee.
I am creating nothing at the moment.
I am going to pay my bills tomorrow. I promise.
I am reading the newest Southern Living magazine.
I am hoping that I get a job soon.
I am hearing the Charlie's Angels movie - I think it's funny.
Around the house, we are planning a family meal tomorrow.
One of my favorite things is the sound of children's laughter.
A few plans for the rest of the week? Pay bills, buy groceries and continue to look for a job.

abb said...

For some reason, I'm getting a sneak peak at Monday. (I'm writing this at 7:46pm, Sunday, 3/1/09)
This Simple Woman's Notebook is always such a fun read. Of course, only you could take a photo of a corner and make it look good enough to hang.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful corner! I'm probably hearing the same NASCAR race, but last I looked, "someone" was sleeping through it ;)

Country Girl said...

Beautiful, Char. Yes Annie, I force publish it. I know I am crazy. I always publish the night before and I can never wait to see what it looks like. And preview doesn't seem to work for me.
Joy, someone was sleeping through this one, too. And his little dog as well.

Ha!

~ C.G.

Mary said...

Oh Kate, I LOVE that photo. The light is amazing, and the texture really makes it a work of art. Beautiful!

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Your photo is stunning! The way you captured the light makes it look more like a painting than a photo. Really lovely, Kate. I hope you get your snow day tomorrow. Our snow has melted from the roads and the pavement is now dry. Still I've had three phone calls from employees this evening asking if the office will be open tomorrow. Wimps.

Anonymous said...

It looks, peaceful, warm and inviting... as if the room is hugging you. I love it!

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Mental P Mama said...

No stilettos tonight? Even so, I feel all peaceful. And I'm glad Nascar is on, too.

High Desert Diva said...

I absolutely love this photo.

My husband caught a glimpse of a picture of George, so I showed him your Got Stick? George link....Mark said, "George is a good lookin' dog." Yes, he is.

cieldequimper said...

Such a beautiful, cosy corner and lovely thoughts.

Cindy said...

What a fabulous print that photo would make!!

What a peaceful Sunday you had... hoping you have a great week!

Staci said...

I really think that's my favorite picture of yours so far! You never cease to amaze me with your talent.

Ellen said...

Love the picture. It's such a peaceful looking corner.

I'm glad you can listen to NASCAR, even it's not your favorite.

Enjoy your snow day!

Woman in a Window said...

Your photos were wonderful before but now they scream life at times, and at other nuzzle into me. They are all comfort and time. Thanks for them.

ELK said...

your corner ~
your day ~
lovely and right ELK

Annie said...

just a wonderful warm cosy corner Kate..thanks for sharing it!

while the NE US suffers a large snowstorm, Victorians in Australia were preparing for another day of high fire danger...

fortunately the temperature seems to have been downgraded a little for them today, and there has been a little rain, but not much, and there is still risk from high winds! The whole state is tinder dry!

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

I love your photograph--it is lovely! Here in Arkansas we got just a dusting of snow- it was beautiful, but melted by Sun. morning. It is supposed to be 79 here Fri.! Crazy weather!

Shawn said...

Love love love that picture!

Egghead said...

Kate I love that picture of your living room. It looks so warm and cozy. Lovely.