Thursday, January 12, 2012

Let the good times roll

Thank you for your comments on yesterday’s post. I can’t tell you enough how surprised I always am when I hear some of the things you say, especially when I almost pull a post after hitting ‘publish’. I don’t want to sound down or melancholy, but such is life sometimes, isn’t it?

So here’s to rustic bird feeders, the blues in January, poems by A.A. Milne, and most of all – to you. Here’s to you, my friends.

And since this is a random post where I’m just popping in to say hello, I give you in no particular order, some thoughts on today.



DSC_1792 copy 2

1. I took some photos of George rolling in the grass this weekend. And I made an ad out of it. I like it, although I have no idea what to do with it now.


2. Tonight I served pork chops, long-grain wild rice, applesauce, and green beans for dinner. And my husband did not eat just toast. This small thing made me so happy.


3. Our local MVA is where I spent some time this afternoon, correcting another mistake made not by yours truly, but by them. I’m figuring that the 3rd time’s the charm when it comes to changing my husband’s driver’s license. I think the fact that he had a CDL when I first changed it 4 1/2 years ago had something to do with it. It was purely MVA error this last time.


4. I love {this movie} and it’s a classic. If you haven’t seen it, I want to ask you what is wrong with you. But I’m too polite and will only think it, instead.


5. My new favorite obsession is a PBS show called Downton Abbey. I first heard about it on the national news Sunday night and then watched the first episode of the second season. And now I’m getting caught up with the entire first season. I can’t tell you how much I love English period pieces and this one is nothing but wonderful. One of the best shows on TV right now, if you ask me.


6. A co-worker was in the hospital this week and I visited him the other night. He’s home now and doing well and today I sent him a picture of what his senior homeroom wrote on the chalkboard on his room. It said that they loved him. And who doesn’t like hearing that?


7. My husband is playing with George. I think those were magic pork chops.


Until tomorrow, my friends . . .

123 Signature[5]

32 comments:

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

Yay for your good dinner being eaten:-)

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

I love your header!!....

and.. do you by chance remember (we would have been CHILDREN, mind you...) Upstairs downstairs.. or even better.. Poldark?... Ross Poldark, in particular? (I think I have that spelled wrong). OOh, how in love I was. I believe his wife's name was Demelza.

Hilary said...

Saw the movie a long time ago.......love George with his belly up.
Yes, sometimes the little things are what hold us together.

beth said...

it's funny you that call it the MVA while we call it the DMV....either way, it's a place nobody enjoys going. ever.
well maybe if you're 16. but that's it.

it's tuna noodle casserole for us tonight. the hubby's favorite. and since he's going to have to snow blow tonight or at 5 in the morning, well i wanted to make him happy.
of course i'm making cheesy italian crostinis to go with it :)
xox

Jeannelle said...

I enjoyed the Witness link. Its one of my all-time favorite movies, too.

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

I love George's commercial. He should post it to his Facebook page.

Cloudia said...

May magic tickle your wonderful evening!


Aloha from Waikiki
Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

George is a trip! First of all Border Collies have so much personality! Our friends have 3, and I adore them!

Sorry about your co-worker, but as a teacher I can tell you there's nothing sweeter than to have your students give you a hug in the hall or just "chat it up" with you when you're walking along! I'm sending get well wishes for your coworker!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Downton Abbey! Couldn't wait for the 2nd season! Also, I can't wait to watch "Easy Virtue" it arrive this week!

Hope you have a long weekend and have great weather!

Mary

Anonymous said...

This is a great picture of George. Maybe make a childrens book out of it. He's definitely photogenic enough to be a bigger star and with the way you write about him, it could be a best seller.
peace to you girl
CheyAnne

Anonymous said...

Umm, I don't like that movie, so fire away as to what is wrong with me...LOL Oh, and love the way the new header turned out! See, I'm not so bad, I do love some things. Great ad with George too! If he still has a Facebook page you could use it as his Timeline photo at the top of the page.

Sheila said...

It sounds like you are having a pretty good day. I love the George ad! Have a great weekend.

Nellie said...

Kate, I'm really glad today has had some better moments for you. Sending along cheerful vibes!:-)
We have our first trace of snow for the winter!

jinxxxygirl said...

Well.........i don't think i've seen that movie......if i did and its as good as you say it is i'm sure i would remember. :) Hurraay for magic porkchops! If i made porkchops my hubby would think they were magic cause i never make porkchops. :) deb

Andi said...

I told George on Facebook that mama should make aline of note cards with his photos and sentiments. This one would be a fun birthday card! :)

BB said...

New layout - I like being able to comment on the page I am reading!! Good news re: hubs dinner. My daughter actually tried peanut butter yesterday. We almost threw a party.

Love the ad... you can put it on my blog sidebar if you like!
:-)
BB

Jamie said...

I now have this song stuck in my head http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PAesuXA8po&feature=fvst thank you George. I love when a day is a good day. I am determined to teach myself to take each day as it comes and celebrate the positive things that happen no matter how small and seemingly insignificant. It's a resolution that came about from reading your blog, so thank you.

Caroline said...

love posts like this...real. Hope you are feeling better today! ((hugs))

Deborah said...

Such a lovely photo of George (well I'm not the one to say really, as I think all photos of him are lovely) and I really appriciate and praise you for finding happiness in the small things. I'm sure you know the book Simpel Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach? If not please go borrow it at the library. It's just up your street. I have my own and I love it.

How have you made the lovely pattern on the photo? I love that! I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Rachel Spinuzzi said...

Lovely new header! Pork chops are magic. One of my family's favorite meals.

Maria_NJ said...

Hi Kate...I LOVE that movie, it is really a good one...

baby showers can do that sometimes...

glad your husband enjoyed his dinner and it made him fell happy...

George is a good boy!!

Mental P Mama said...

I want some of those pork chops! And Emma loves Downton Abbey, too! Great minds....

Anonymous said...

Downton Abbey! love...
Pork Chops, another love...
George!....love....
your photo from yesterday...love...
so much love here.....smiles.

Daryl said...

HOORAY for pork chops!!!!!!!!

Missy June said...

Welcome to the Downton following! It's fantastic!

Kerri Farley said...

Speaking of Magic.... I think your blog is magical!! Wonderful pic of George having a roll in the grass.... ahhhhh to be a doggie and roll in the grass .... actually I could probably do that now but it's WAY TOO cold here right now. We actually have a dusting of snow.
So glad you hubby liked your dinner :)

Lili said...

Oh I'm so glad I actually saw that movie you linked too already, and I LOVED it too. I haven't heard of the new PBS series, it sounds wonderful though. But what would you think of me if you knew I am addicted to the BBC show Absolutely Fabulous (which just came back after a long hiatus)?! The ad you made up with George looks to be the perfect shape to tuck into a CD cover, it's darling. So glad for the blessing of an eaten pork chop for dinner. Yay! xo ~Lili

Marianne said...

"Witness" AND "Downton Abbey"? We are obviously soul sisters! I'm so glad the second season has started - I could watch a new episode every day.

GailO said...

Some wonderful randomness found here Kate! I especially like to see that Mr is having a good day...He certainly can take a good photo too!

I am and have been from the beginning Downtown Abbey obsessed. I think I have seen the first season three times and enjoyed it each time...No one better disturb me on Sunday nights until it is over!

xoxo

mrs mediocrity said...

:) great ad. great movie. great post.

Jan's camera said...

Hi, I forgot what a great movie 'Witness' was. I will definitely rent that again soon. The ad with George is sweet. Nice job.

The JR said...

I'm glad the pork chops worked out so well!

Good pictures.

Anonymous said...

Hey George! You got mentioned in my blog.

http://livingtheseasons.com/2012/01/17/gifts-to-laugh-pray-be-quiet/

Hugs & kisses from Virginia

Nancy