Saturday, January 7, 2012

A perfectly beautiful Saturday morning

It’s a Saturday morning with the promise of a beautiful day to come, and I’m putting off taking down the holiday décor by taking photos of yours truly ~ George.

Yes, I know I have a lot to do today. There’s the two Christmas trees to take down, and everything else around the house . . . there’s grocery shopping (which I loathe) . . . and the laundry. But I just don’t want to begin it all yet.

These images aren’t great. I had the ISO upped way too high which made the whites almost completely blown out. I corrected it as much as I could in PS with an action from Florabella called ‘Highlight Protection’, and then I processed the images using an action from Red Leaf Studios called ‘Ceres’, which is one of my favorites.

 

DSC_1753 copy 2

I was sitting on the front porch in the morning sunshine enjoying my lovely cup of coffee and my husband let George out the door. George was carrying snowy owl and he wanted to play fetch.

I went back into the house to get the camera because he looked photogenic.

And I told him to ‘stay’.

I love it when dogs do what you tell them to do, and this one does 99% of the time.

 

DSC_1758 copy 2

There is no trick in training them other than consistency, and when he was a puppy, I made sure I was consistent. To this day, George will heel for me (yet he never does it for my husband, who is not using the right command). The command is heel.

I regularly practice heel with George just to keep it fresh in his memory.

 

DSC_1761 copy 2

This is one of those oops that I kinda like. Doggie bokeh, eh?

 

DSC_1763 copy 2

I do believe I need to get moving and get my a** in gear.

 

DSC_1766 copy 2

So I’ll leave you now with a wish for a beautiful weekend, my friends.

I’m so glad you stopped by today ~

123 Signature[5]

And thank you for all of your sweet comments from my previous post, one I nearly took down several times after hitting ‘publish’ because I thought I was making fun of someone. I cope with humor.

29 comments:

Jill of All Trades said...

Good morning Kate. Have a great weekend. That George is such a handsome fella! Carla

Anonymous said...

My husband does not does not give commands to our dogs properly either... his first reaction is to yell in frustration... ugh. It's going to be a wonderful day, with or without commands. LOL

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

Lots of camera practice and you are doing great. My assignment from a friend is to work with white balance settings and practice shooting RAW. So that is some of what I am going to do this weekend.
I also do not like grocery shopping. Such a chore.

Unknown said...

Just found your site via Pioneer Woman. When I saw you border collie my first thought was, "was she here taking photos of MAX?"
Mas, my border collie is a spitting image to yours. Great Photo by the way.
https://www.facebook.com/BarbPhillipsPhotos

Mary Lou said...

Ok, now I have to get mine in gear too but I'm so glad I got to share George first.
Happy weekend!
HEEL!

Marilyn said...

oooo, it must be still be "special time" for us...another post with just George and your words...and yes, this time I read the words!!! Have the best day you can have...if you don't shop, you don't eat!!! or something like that!

Nellie said...

It is easy to see how George adores you, Kate! I would gladly do your grocery shopping for you. That is one of my favorite things to do!
It is a very mild day (for January) here. Looks like it will be a nice day.
Have a good one there! xoxo

wildbanshee said...

It'a like he knew you needed to sit and enjoy the sunshine, so he bought out snowy owl to remind you of the snow that is to come and can do laundry and grocery shop then.

Kay said...

And right back atcha...It's a beautiful morning here on the Coast of Oregon.....we've been enjoying pretty awesome weather since July.
George is so beautiful and I love his toys.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Peppermint Ph.D. said...

I still have a tree up with about half the ornaments still on it...I just can't get motivated. Ah, George, one of my favorite subjects...My husband calls Layla using all the smoochy smooch noises, clicks with his tongue, pats on the leg, etc. I say, "Layla, Come." She comes to me every time. Consistency and simplicity are the key. Dogs don't overthink things like we humans do; it's one of the reasons I love mine so much :)

Chocolate Cat said...

I hope you achieved everything on your list today! I didn't yesterday so my today (my Sunday) is going to be jam packed!!!

Country Gal said...

Wonderful photos ! George is such a handsome guy ! Miggy is my best photo subject she loves the camera and showing off for it ! Today is also a wonderful mild sunny day with the odd cloud , almost all our snow is gone lotd of green now ! Miggy send kises to George .Hope you all have a wonderful weekend !

Sweetpea said...

Knew I lurved ya so much for a reason...that humor-coping thing. Well, that's one of the reasons anyway ;>} Been married meself for nigh on 24 years and I give most the credit for that to humor. Think one of us would'a killed the other by now without it...
"Hi George!"....ooooh, he's looking so handsome in that winter light!

Deborah said...

Oh I so wish I could meet him and you for real - he is lovely! Have a nice weekend!

Rachel Spinuzzi said...

George is so handsome, and impressively obedient too!

beth said...

hi george....you are such a good boy listening to your momma. i used to listen to mine, but now i'm deaf. i try to read her lips, but sheesh, that shit is hard to do.
most of the time now, i do what i want and she seems to go along with it alright, but the other day, all hell broke loose when i pooped on the floor. you see, i was ticked that she left me alone. i hate that. but then i heard her on the phone with my doctor saying she wanted the separation anxiety meds again and now i've been behaving.
i hate those damn pills.
the 15th is my birthday. i'll be 15. but between me and you, i think i'm still pretty damn sexy. granted, the loss of hearing totally sucks, but at least i still have my looks :)

mrs mediocrity said...

he is just so handsome.

i am the dog trainer in the house, too, and my husband totally spoils our dog.

i got the tree down today, that is as far as i got. i am feeling lazy, and totally okay with that.

judi/Gmj said...

George is as smart as he looks!

Hilary said...

George looks like he is laughing at you.
He has such a sweetness about him.

Anonymous said...

I have a Shetland Sheepdog that loves to fetch. He got a stuffed chipmunk for Christmas. This toy has spooked me way to many times since he got it, the thing is so life like. I have jumped seeing it sitting on the couch or hanging out of my dogs mouth. I wish the darn thing had purple fur! :)

[I am] The One With the Camera said...

Loved the "doggie bokah"!!
Sara

Caroline said...

You know it way funner to take photos of pets than it is to do work around the house! :) Hope you got all the xmas stuff down and even got a nice glass of wine at the end of the day!

Marcie said...

Love your sweet pup! A happy way to start the day!

Kerri Farley said...

George steals my heart every time! Love Love Love the doggie bokeh!

Unknown said...

I enjoy your photos of George so much! Thanks for sharing!

Bluebird49 said...

Ahhh heck--what would we do without our Georgie pictures? Those eyes--those beautiful eyes!

The JR said...

I would have rather taken pics of George too!

Daryl said...

Oh that George .. he's laffing at your a** joke

Lili said...

He's such a handsome fella your sweet George. And I thought I saw a panda in the doggie bokeh one. xo ~Lili