Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pinterest finds

As many of you know, Pinterest is a site I visit from time to time, to get inspiration, to look for recipes, or just to see what interesting things I can see. It’s very calming.

I’d like to share some recent pictures that I posted to my several of my boards.




These are booted racked-tailed hummingbirds that I posted on my ‘FEATHERED’ board. What an amazing capture this is. I learn so much from this site sometimes.




Posted this on my ‘VINTAGE PORTRAITS’ board, this is an interesting portrait of Paul Newman at the Venice Film Festival in 1963. I think he looks a little sad here.





From my ‘HOME IDEAS’. This would make a wonderful little reading cove, wouldn’t it? And, if truth be told, a good place to take a nap on a rainy day. Love the wallpaper, the old pictures on the walls, the rows of books that look like they're just waiting to be read.





I have a board entitled ‘EATS’ where I store a lot of recipes I want to try. I’ve made several of them, too. These are Dutch pancakes and until I visited the blog source, I had no idea that pancakes to the Dutch are like pizza is to us. There are pancake houses all over Holland, and it’s rare to find one open for breakfast. This is a meal they eat at lunch or dinner and there’s a cornucopia of ingredients they use from fruit to bacon. This one incorporated apples.





From my board, ‘YOU HAVE A WAY WITH WORDS’, I find this really funny.





A street scene that I added to my ‘PARIS’ board. I love my Paris board.





This one’s from my ‘COOLNESS’. I have never before seen a hinge like this. What’s behind this door must mean a lot to the person who ordered this piece of art.





I have a board entitled ‘DOORWAYS’ and right about now, I’m finding this one completely entrancing. I want to close my eyes and wake up in one of those striped cabana chairs with a Corona & lime in my hand while I breath in the heady scent of the sea. Oh, my word, do I ever.



Source: imgfave.com via George on Pinterest


From my ‘PHOTOGRAPHY I LOVE’, the tilt-shift in this photo along with the muted colors and depth of field is just so cool.





And finally, this – from my ‘CHRISTMAS’ board. I love the blur, and the silvery tones of this b&w image which feels like it could have been taken many years ago.


: : :


It’s been a beautiful weekend, and I finally managed to get all the holiday stuff packed and put away. I baked two loaves of bread, and right now the house smells of roasted vegetables that I made for dinner. That’s all I’m really hungry for – that and some fresh-baked bread.

Hope your week is a good one ~

123 Signature[5]

51 comments:

Michelle said...

I've signed up for Pinterest thanks to your posts on it, but have not even scratched the surface yet. I can tell from this post that I would probably lose myself for hours there once I started scratching, though!

Rachel Spinuzzi said...

Holy toledo! Your feathered board just blew my mind. Fantastic fun. Must check them all out now.

Country Gal said...

All your boards look great will have to check out Pinterest for sure ! Glad to hear your weekend was great ! MMMM Fresh home made bread wonderful. I love Blueberry pancakes they are YUMMY ! Have a wonderful day !

Hilary said...

WTF.

Peppermint Ph.D. said...

I am addicted to Pinterest...the vintage shot of Paul Newman looks pensive to me...and a little sad at the same time...what a handsome dignified man.

JaneK said...

thanks for sharing since I'll never get on Pinterest b/c too much creativity overwhelms me since I don't have any.... Paul Newman makes me sigh whether he looks happy or sad: sigh.... and that is about one of the coolest doorways... mmmmm to wake up to that with the young Paul Newman serving me umbrella drinks: double sigh....

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

A whole lot of fabulous!

Country Girl said...

LOL, Hilary ~

Lisa said...

wow. Great finds

Lisa said...

I love the first and last and the well all of them. :)

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

The WTF one cracks me right up.

judi/Gmj said...

I love the WTF one too!

A New England Life said...

Isn't Pinterest just the best? So many images, so little time.

Connie in Hartwood said...

So many ideas and inspiration ... so little time.

Doors and doorways the best! I also really like seeing what the back of houses look like.

Anonymous said...

I think Paul Newman looks deliciously sexy!!!!

Debbie from Illinois

Nellie said...

Very visually pleasing blog, Kate! Fresh-baked bread and roasted vegetables! That would hit the spot here! I hope you have a great week. Perhaps you will be able to enjoy the sea before too long.

Robyn said...

Kate
I am not on Pinterest ... yet. It is funny I just took a look at the home page before I checked your blog tonight. I am thinking I gots to join in the fun!

Love your picts of George. Hope your week is great also.

Bluebird49 said...

You find the bestest things! That one of Paul Newman--boy, talk about eyes--and a million dollar smile--and just pure yumminess (is that a word?!) with that pensive look on his face--I'm floored. When you get through that door to the sea, would you have an Appletinti waiting for me when I join you so we can get to know one another better? I just can't do the Corona! But I am a good listener....still praying, Kate.

MaggieGem said...

Paul was just soooo hawt!

Cloudia said...

Feels like we spent a nice afternoon talking!



Aloha from Waikiki
Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

Jill of All Trades said...

I've played around on Pinterest a bit my self. It's a fun place to hang our for sure.

Kacey said...

Wow, I love those! Love the idea of a doorways board. Doorways fascinate me. Love that last one too. I'm so addicted to Pinterest, so addicted...

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Hmm.. I think you shared a bread recipe, and I'm in the mood to make it... will look around your blog for it.

LOVE these images, WOW. Especially the tilt-shift city..oh, the hue and feel... and those hummer bellies!... and WTF!!..lol....

tina said...

Love pinterest... such creative people out there!

The JR said...

Great pictures.

That's an awesome hinge on that door.

Mental P Mama said...

I don't dare go there...I'll just do it vicariously. Right here.

thotlady said...

Love the photos, especially the hummingbirds and the WTF, too funny.

RURAL said...

Love love love Pinterest. It's my guilty pleasure, it's my "just give me a moment of down time, it's my oh do I need inspiration, or a idea place.

Apparently that site is growing by leaps and bounds, and that should surprise no one.

Your collection is amazing.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

sharon said...

Love your pick of pictures. Paul Newman has always intrigued me. I could go for those pancakes about now. Have a great day!

Daryl said...

Yum .. I am so not creative with my boards .. I should have you rename them for me ..

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I just adore all the interesting and beautiful pics you've pinned but I've kinds steered clear of Pinterest. I fear it would suck me in and I'd never surface.

Gotta watch my time ya know? Heeehehhee!

I was amazed by the little hummingbirds.

God bless ya sweetie and have an awesome week! :o)

Dawson Cattle Company said...

i love Pinterest! its so inspiring. i tagged you in my 11 post. stop by and check it out!

Skogkjerring said...

I´m on Pinterest but just haven´t checked it out completely yet. But after seeing all these great photos I better get busy...LOVED the WTF comment...so going to use that with my kids...just to make them laugh!

Di said...

Pretty cool all the beautiful things on Pintrest. I will have to check it out!

LL Cool Joe said...

Ha ha the WTF cracked me up!! I love pinterest as well!

GailO said...

I want to thank you so so much for that photo of Paul Newman! Made my day it did! I think he looks more dreamy than sad...

All these images are great! You have been spending lots of time over there:)

Sweetpea said...

I think I'll probably get into trouble if I visit your Pinterest boards (spend MORE time on the computer), but I think I'll head over there anyway. I have jumped into their big, deep sea...I'm over on Tumblr and can't imagine doing both. sigh.

"WTF". that's just too dang hilarious.

Sweetpea said...

...oh, meant to write "I haven't jumped into their big, deep sea..."

mrs mediocrity said...

I just recently got hooked... oh my. i'm pretty sure the p in pinterest stands for pandora's box!

and that photo of paul newman... sigh. i think he may be the most handsome man of all time.

and now i want bread...

wayne15575 said...

I loved the information about pancakes in Holland. I had no idea. And that beautiful Hinge. Lovely. Thanks Kate.

Anonymous said...

So beautiful. I've heard about Pinterest but have never been tempted to join. I think I'm involved with so many social networks that Pinterest may take up too much of my time!

CJ x

Reena said...

always love these pics from Pinterest .. you have such a way of finding cool ones! Those hummingbirds are awesome ... and Newman ...~sigh~

abb said...

Haven't figured out Printerest yet...thinking maybe I shouldn't (time-wise). Did the hubs eat his veggies? :) xo

Chocolate Cat said...

What a nice way for me to start my day, thanks for sharing!

beth said...

i love all of these.....hell, i just love pinterest in general....like kiss me with your mouth wide open and use your tongue love......okay, that might be too much information :)

anyWHO......i want one of those hummingbirds. for my own. like in a cage that i can let out during the day and keep safe at night.
and OH LA LA, paul newman....ummm yum !
xo

Low Tide High Style said...

You find the coolest stuff! And I had to chuckle or should I say LOL or ROFL at the WTF one!

Kat :)

Low Tide High Style said...

How do I find your pin boards...help!

Lili said...

Heading over to your Pinterest boards, oh Lord it's gonna be a late night now..haha! Love all your pins. xo ~Lili

forgetmenot said...

Kat, These are fantastic photos--I love every one of them! I must check Pinterest out--sounds interesting. Mickie :)

Caroline said...

I love my paris board too...and I will be pinning that photo you have here!!! Pinterest is crack...but I have made some cool things and baked some wicked good cookies from recipes I have found there.

Jan's camera said...

I am loving your new banner. Thanks for sharing your Pinterest pins. I particularly like the photo of Paul Newman.