Friday, January 27, 2012

Weekly Pinterest finds

I love sharing things that I find interesting on Pinterest. It’s really not a place where I spend all that much time, but I do go several times a week. Sometimes I just want to escape, and it’s an easy way to do so for a small amount of time.

The following photos are from different boards I’ve created on the site. I started a new one this week called ‘Winter White’ because I happen to like snow.




From my ‘Winter White’ board, an avenue in the snow. I would love to take a walk here and with the proper attire, I wouldn’t even feel the cold.



Source: flickr.com via George on Pinterest


A big, beautiful moon from my ‘Paris’ board. Some day, I’m going to get to Paris. My son accepted an internship at an architecture firm there in 2007 when he graduated from college. But right after he came home from the interview, the company he now works for in NYC called him and he chose that job instead. A wise move, to be sure. But I was planning on visiting him in Paris!



Source: pixdaus.com via George on Pinterest


From my ‘Feathered’ board. I can’t tell you how much I love this. It just makes me smile.





I have a board called ‘Photography I Love’ and that is where this photograph resides. I love the pretty bokeh of the raindrops, the somewhat messy but deliciously soft comforter, and the photogenic kitty who has found a good spot to view its world.





These shoes are divine. Love the color, and the bling. They’re from my ‘Attire’ board. I would so wear these.

I mean, if I had anywhere to wear them.



Source: reddit.com via George on Pinterest


From my ‘Coolness’ board, this little ladybug on a flower bud in which both are completely covered with the morning dew. It’s quite an incredible capture and I love the sparklies.



Source: google.com via George on Pinterest


‘Movies I Love’ include Amelie, among others. Sometimes I watch this movie just to cheer up. My son introduced me to it years ago, and when I watch it, I remember watching it with him which makes it feel even better.





One of my favorite portraits of Marilyn Monroe. From the muted colors to her wistful look – everything about it is so beautiful in its simplicity.





There’s nothing to be said here other than I laugh every time I see this. From my ‘You Have a Way With Words’ board.

: : :


And on that note ~ hope your weekend is a good one, my friends. Mine is going to be a short one. We have our annual Open House at school this weekend, and I’m working half the day on Sunday. I’m glad I love my job.
123 Signature[5]

33 comments:

Nancy's Notes said...

What a captivating post! Each one of your photographs are just awesome, have to say, I loved them all! All so unique, I so enjoyed my visit this evening!

abb said...

I've only recently become addicted...it's not good...at all...

Annie said...

love your post, all the photos. Thought the ladybug was a diamond encrusted vase! Last one very funny!

I also loved your 4 year anniversary review post. Read them all. Loved the one about your husband. Beautiful.

Michelle said...

i repinned a few of these; thanks! That duck made me create a new folder called "Nature humor." :-)

Chrissykat said...

I so want to take a walk with you down that snowy road & talk about the beauty of winter. And, of course, I love love love love love love the cow kitty looking out the rainy window....loooooove it. And funny enough, I was just given the movie Amelie a few days ago. I have never seen it but will now look forward to seeing it even more. Happy weekend to you too Kate.

Anonymous said...

Great choice of photos, Kate. I have yet to get on Pinterest... I think I would probably get lost on it for hours, you know, just fall in and maybe never come out? LOL No, not saying I have an addictive personality at all.. hee hee

Happy Week-end!

Deb said...

I can see why you chose all of them...have a great weekend..

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

I can so see you in those shoes! Love the last one. Cracked me up!

Linda said...

Pinterest…so addicting!!!!

alphabet soup said...

Great line-up from Pinterest. That duck takes the prize...just look at the head, a frozen moment of disbelief. Somehow I found the ladybird and the flower a little creepy and weird.
I'm staying away from Pinterest, but it seems like an ideal pastime for a cold winter's day.

Ms Soup

JaneK said...

oh my goodness.... that duck made me laugh out LOUD! the expression on his face is priceless!! I mean you can just hear the "oh sh*#!" Toooooo funny and I needed the laugh. And I've seen the movie Amelie, too. That makes me feel hip knowing I've seen an artsy film you've seen! :)

GailO said...

Fun! I love the cat photo...and that portrait of Marilyn!...beautiful!

Busy weekend here...the first of two baby showers for my youngest and I'm preparing for a winter vacation. That means I have to shave my legs!!

forgetmenot said...

Wonderful photos, each and every one. I'm going to have to check out Pinterest (like I have time for that!), but it does sound interesting. Have a great weekend and don't work too hard. Mickie :)

Cloudia said...

so many emotional jolts in one post. I bow to you, blog Queen!


Warm Aloha from Waikiki
Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

Kerri Farley said...

These are Super Kate! I haven't quite figured out Pinterest. I'm on it - I'm following a few boards - but not sure how to pin. I am going to spend some more time on there this weekend so maybe I'll figure it out :)

Unknown said...

Isn't Pinterest addicting?......I love your choices....especially the lady bug!....smlles

Gretchen said...

Love these snippets from Pinterest, especially the crazy squirrel. Thanks also for tip on "Amelie". Have ordered it from Netflix.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Thank you for those - they really made me smile. I have a wedding coming up and I would just love those shoes to wear as I am giving the bride away.

Low Tide High Style said...

Oh, this was such a nice way to begin my weekend...thank you!

Kat :)

barbara l. hale said...

Nice selection from Pinterest. I really love that pic with the cat and had to laugh at the last one. Thanks!

sharon said...

Love your choice of pictures. Love the snow pic. I would at least like to see some snow once this winter season. Think White!!!

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Love the dewey lady bug/flower... and the duck.. amazing captures...

Bluebird49 said...

I love a cat and what looks like a down comforter--and the messy look of it means that I've just gotten out of it and am planning to dive back under it with a good book! (I wish--although I do have a comforter that looks much like it!)

Honestly--I thought the ladybug was a piece of jewelry! Amazing what light can do--and it always amazes that what God creates can not be duplicated by mankind!

Unfortunately for me ( and my husband--awaiting meals), you have gotten me addicted to Pinterest! But it's my fault!

Mary Lou said...

I love these! Thanks for the laugh at the end. If only Marilyn had never worn makeup!

beth said...

i want to be and look like marilyn....just for a day :)
xoxoo

becky up the hill said...

Magical snow. I love snow and have never seen anything this amazing. Lets see, that lady bug, oh my! Marilyn..so much to see. Thanks for sharing some of your top pix!

Reena said...

You always find the coolest stuff on pinterest! Hope you are having a great weekend!

Marcie said...

What fun!! What a wonderful way to share what it is you're pinning!

AnnOnandOn said...

A friend and I spent hours looking at Pinterest last night. Have you been to WeHeartIt? Another place to get lost for hours. Love your photo picks!

Unknown said...

Your duck pin is priceless, had to repin it. Thanks for the photo share

The JR said...

hahaha, luv them!

Unknown said...

So I don't have to go there with Pinterest, I'll just follow you. I'm afraid of the distraction. I have so many things I'm trying to start/do.
You have such a good eye . These are amazing.
Thank you.

Lili said...

You always bring us some of the very best finds on Pinterest, I'm just crazy about all of those. Didn't even recognize that was Marilyn, and the mallard duck, oh man to capture a shot like that! Be still my heart with the moon and Eiffel Tower. I thoroughly enjoyed all of these. xo ~Lili