While visiting a blogging friend (hi, Caroline) today, I decided to join in on a meme in which she’d been tagged. Caroline changed it up a bit though by her decision to share ten new discoveries rather than just ten things she loves.
When you really think of it, it’s rather difficult to come up with ten new discoveries, but I put on my thinking cap and got to work. So for what it’s worth, these are ten new discoveries that I (mostly) haven’t shared before.
1. Dundee ginger preserves. I bought this jar for my husband at Zabar’s in NYC recently. We’ve always loved marmalade and although I also bought a jar of that as well, I thought this would be something he might also like. I’m the one who fell in love with it, though.
2. Nars blush in orgasm. I bought this blush despite the name (although I think the name is sort of fun). It’s the color that I’m in love with, baybee. It’s not the color in the blush in the photo but this is the only photo I could find. I think it’s the most natural looking color of blush I’ve ever used for my skintone.
3. These free textures from les brumes on Flickr that I discovered two weeks ago. Here’s a sampling of them:
4. This blog which I just discovered today. Actually, she discovered me first and when I went to visit her I ended up smitten with Bella Della Farm. I’m not so quick to add new blogs to my blogroll because I hardly have time to visit everyone as it is. But I couldn’t resist.
5. Another photo assignment at Pioneer Woman. And this time it’s on dogs. You should see the entries. I had a moment of self-doubt which lapsed into ever so much more than a moment because some of the photos are just so good. But I went for it anyway and entered this. I like the green in it and was hoping it would catch her eye.
6. Glee is returning in April with new shows.
I love Glee.
It makes me smile.
8. These photos I found in my old camera bag. I had completely forgotten about them. They were taken by me and are of my son and one of his best friends, Alexis, before their senior prom in May 2003. They had promised each other that they would be each other’s dates if neither of them was seeing anyone at the time of the prom. We did a mini-photo shoot at a garden belonging to one of Alexis’ relatives.
9. These earrings which I had also forgotten about for over ten years, maybe more. I found them in a little jewelry box and recently began wearing them again. I think they’re fun.
10. This Nike TV commercial, entitled ‘The Human Chain’ that began airing today in our area. It’s excellent.
If you’d like to play along with this meme, please do so. Let me know when and if you do so I can come and see your new discoveries! Gotta go. LOST just began!