This was my world when I woke on Wednesday. Snow had fallen through the night, accumulating to just under 4 inches and a 2-hour delay was called for our school. I slept in for an extra hour and then got up just in time to get these photos.
I have to arrive at my job at the school by 7:30 every morning, so I wake up in the dark all winter long. A 2-hour delay is a luxury and one of the perks of working at a school.
Perks aren’t all about money now, are they?
The snow was a wet one, sticking to the branches of the trees, transforming them into something ethereal. I love how they look covered with snow.
I’m glad it was only 4 inches, though. It’s so much more difficult to shovel heavy snow.
I wanted to stay home.
And I love how the sun looks coming up.
A big storm is headed our way tomorrow and the weather forecast calls for accumulations up to 2-feet. We will be snowbound here as the driveway is tough to get in and out of in the snow and it’s a third of a mile long through woods at that. I don’t mind being snowbound as long as there is power to keep warm.
I’ll keep you posted, k?
And now, since it’s Friday and I love finding more out about all of you, inquiring minds would like to know the following . . .
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
1. What was the first real job you ever had and how old were you?
2. What food did you used to dislike but now enjoy?
3. What was the last thing you regretted purchasing as soon as you got it home?
4. Where do you go when you need to spend a make-me-feel-better money?
5. How long would it take you, via the quickest means available, to get to the place of your birth from where you are right now?
See you in the comments, my friends . . .
PS ~ When I am able, I enjoy responding to many of these questions. Make sure your comment has an e-mail attached by following [these instructions]. If you’d like, that is.