Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Photoshop tutorial link

Tonight I’ve been editing some photos that I took at yesterday’s BBQ which was held at my friends Margie & Charles’ house. Margie is the lead art teacher at our school and I’ve known her since I began working there in 1999.

I found a great tutorial over at one of my favorite new blogs, My Two Red Shoes, and it incorporates these cool grunge border brushes found on Shadowhouse Creations.

Although I don’t quite have it yet, I’m posting a couple of the photos I worked on tonight.

DSC_0897 copy 2

My friend Mary of the dimples with her youngest, Caroline. Mother and daughter were subjects of a post two years ago and I can’t believe how much Caroline has grown up since her 2008 graduation from our school.

I apologize for embarrassing you, Caroline.

Oh, and happy birthday again.

(And I love your boyfriend’s tattoos.)

DSC_0871 copy 2

Mary Ellen is one of my favorite subjects to photograph and I like this one of her, too.

I apologize for embarrassing you, Mary Ellen. But only a little.

And hey, thanks for that CD you made for us. I love it and have been playing this one song over and over. I first heard it on a Superbowl commercial. You’ve seen it, folks, it’s the one with the sock money and his friends who take a Kia Sorrento on a joyride to Vegas.

Here’s The Heavy, minus the commercial.

You may want to turn down your speakers . . .

Until tomorrow, my friends.

22 comments:

Low Tide High Style said...

I love the portraits you took and the new edging, very cool! And I turned my speakers up!

Kat :)

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Gorgeous - as much as I love your close-ups and your George photos, and your photos and descriptions of beautiful things from exotic magazines, your people photos are simply outstanding.

(I would like to put in a request for BF - that you do one of Mathews Mark. He hates my pictures but yours will do him justice.)

Deb said...

beautiful ladies...

Jen at Cabin Fever said...

Thanks for sharing this! And thanks for sharing the blog link. I love finding fun new blogs.

Leenie said...

Country Girl--You ROCK. And I like how you roll. We are the age we think we are and music can keep us young.

I just about missed the part about turning down the speakers. Love the loud but I got grandkids sleepin' here and after what it took to get them to stop bouncing...

"How ya like me now? bomp-bomp" (gonna have that one stuck in my head for a while)...bomp-bomp. :D

p.s. great photos.

Char said...

i recognize the monster from yo gabba gabba...my sister didn't believe me until i showed her.

great processing

Anonymous said...

*turning down speakers* Thanks for the warning. Don't you love playing with textures?

Di

Julie Harward said...

These ladies are very beautiful everyone of them! Couldn't hear the music..my speakers are not so good! Come say hi :D

Megan (Best of Fates) said...

Wow, I think that looks great! Every time I try and learn how to do the simplist thing in Photoshop I spend 8 hours then end up with something my friends are like, um... really? It's very sad.

mrs mediocrity said...

Nice, thanks for the tip!

Mental P Mama said...

Just beautiful;)

Mary said...

Oh, I LOVE that song!

You do such lovely portraits, Kate. Wonderful processing!

Caroline said...

Gorgeous photos!!!! Thanks for the link, I will check it out!

Daryl said...

you take excellent portraits .. I am not surprised because the best portraits are due, in my not so humble opinion, when there's a connection between the person behind the camera and the person in front of the camera .. and you my friend are the sort of person who always connects with her subject .. be it flower, animal or human bean ;-)

The JR said...

You do take beautiful portraits. I wish you were closer. I'd have to hire you take a photo of Jolie (horse) and I. My husband can't seem to get a good one.

Molly said...

Way off topic, I saw this today and thought of you. I think I've been hooked again and am going to read the sequels to the Girl with the Dragon Tatoo: Maureen Corrigan hails the "genius" of Stieg Larsson's vision, as revealed in his final "Girl Who" mystery.

Reddirt Woman said...

How in the world could those young ladies be embarrassed? They are beautiful girls. Must be the age.

Love the borders.

H.

Deb said...

Love the music!!!

Jo said...

I remember when you did the post of Mary and Caroline. I recognized them right away.

What lovely looking women -- all three of them.

I think you are one of the best portrait photographers on the blogs. All of your portrait photographs are wonderful. Extraordinary. You have an eye for portrait photography.

Have you ever seen the portraits done by Yousuf Karsh?

deborah said...

Awesome portraits!

GailO said...

Thanks to you, I have been enjoying My Two Red Shoes too...but it will be a long time before I can figure out what brushes are all about!...I think you did a great job on your portrait edges...

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

The word out on the street is that you dance at a topless bar at night ;0)

*snort* You crack me up.

Love, love, love the song.