Those of you who are regular readers may have noticed that I don’t participate in meme’s anymore, nor do I pass on awards I receive. Believe me, it’s not because I don’t appreciate it or that I’m ungrateful. I think they’re a nice way of meeting other bloggers, especially if you’re new to the blogging world. But in the 19 months since I began blogging, I had to put a stop to it before it took over my life, like blogging has.
I’ve never received the Honest Scrap Award and was surprised when I stopped by to visit a blog that I really admire, the photographer Char at [Ramblins], to see my name at the bottom of the post. So thank you, Char.
I’m to think of 10 really honest things about myself and that will be difficult, so please know that writing this will be really trying for me. And because I think that it’s good to encourage others, I plan on passing this award on to blogs who I have just discovered. Some of them are new to blogging and I wish them the best.
The Honest Scrap Guidelines~
1) Say thanks to the presenter of the award.
2) Share 10 Honest Things about yourself.
3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design or those who have encouraged you and then inform them of such, of course.
1. I can be very lazy. People who know me in real life may think I’m a real dynamo, but I can veg out with the best of them. And win at doing so. I am not proud of this fact.
2. I have this thing about cleaning. I know I should do it and I love when things are sparkling and gleaming. But I get angry in the end. It stems from my childhood I think, and growing up in a bit of a messy home.
3. Cooking is not my forte. I wish it were, but I can live with the fact that it is most certainly not. I do my best, though. End of story.
4. When I turned 21, I changed my name to Kate. All my life, I had been Katy and I thought Kate sounded so much more sophisticated. My family and friends I have known from my youth still call me Katy. And I find that I sort of miss it sometimes.
5. I’ve read Stephen King’s The Stand about 16 times beginning from when I was 20 years old. There is just something about that book that gets to me. Then the movie came out years ago and now I can’t read it anymore. I’m fine with that, though.
6. I collect picture frames. I could have worse addictions.
7. I hate wearing my bra and detest going shopping for them. But I do it for the common good of the country.
8. I feel at home in the woods and prefer hiking boots over heels, although heels look much better when you’re wearing a dress. Nature just floats my boat.
9. I love driving. And I especially love driving manual transmission sports cars. It’s just so damn exciting.
10. And the biggest, I’ve saved for last. So here goes: I don’t know how to operate my camera properly and most of my photos are taken on the automatic setting. I really need to take a class.There, I said it. But I’m being honest here.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I’m passing this on to the following seven blogs that I’ve recently discovered, because I’ve either found them brilliant in content and/or design or because they have encouraged me and others:
Caroline [Whimsical Whispers], Emily [My Ode to Rain], Tracey [These Nine Acres], Sharon [A New England Life], Janice [Life in Mathews], Angela [Angela Chandler Photography], elk [Red or Gray, depends on the day]. The end.
Until tomorrow, my friends . . .