Monday, November 11, 2013

Of cloudless climes and starry skies

I try to answer all of the comments in my inbox and have finally come to the conclusion that I cannot. I don’t know how the other bloggers do it, I really don’t. After my husband passed away, I received an enormous outpouring of condolences. My in-box was flooded and my outbox wasn’t keeping up with it.

If you haven’t heard from me, it’s not because I don’t love ya. Ok?

It’s because I just can’t keep up sometimes. But please know that I know you’re out there and I’m glad that you come to visit. What would I ever do without you?!

 

20131109_140405 copy 2

I took this with my camera phone this weekend. I was coming up the driveway from shopping on Saturday.

It is so beautiful here on this property, and it begins by coming up the driveway through the woods.

 

DSC_5834 copy 2

An autumn sunset through the trees can be seen from the house.

 

DSC_5537 copy 2

I took this photo of a tufted titmouse last November, almost a year ago today. I haven’t had time to sit outside and take pictures of the birds. This was always something I always enjoyed doing. I’m sure the time will come. I’ve just been a little busy lately.

And that’s a good thing.

I guess I never realized all of the things my husband did around here to keep this place going. He never really told me. He just quietly did things. Sometimes I feel like I can’t keep up with it all.

:   :   :

I’m looking forward to seeing family at Thanksgiving.

 

DSC_5655 copy 2

Bob & Helen will be hosting again this year. Helen is my husband’s sister. She and Bob have been together forever.

 

DSC_5645 copy 2

They are grandparents this year. Baby M is their granddaughter ~

 

DSC_5639 copy 2

El and Seamus are retired now and have moved to Spain. World-travelers, they are and Spain was one of their favorite places. I enjoy looking at the beautiful photos from their new home and from their travels abroad.

 

DSC_3915 copy 2

My sister-in-law, Elaine. She and my husband’s brother were together since high school.

 

DSC_3972 copy 2

The lovely Kim and her husband, Pete. They are Baby M’s parents.

 

DSC_3989 copy 2

This is Colleen, Elaine & Rich’s daughter.

(Andrew’s dear brother, Rich, passed away on January 4 of this year.)

 

DSC_3520 copy 2

My husband’s parents, Anna and Godfrey.

 

DSC_3975 copy b&w 2

And finally ~ Baby M!

 

20131111_180055 copy 2There are more family members I’m hoping to see over Thanksgiving, but I can’t find all of their pictures right now.

So if you’re a family member and didn’t see your picture here, it’s not because I don’t love you. Ok?

Hope your week is off to a good start. Today was a busy one at school. Before I knew it, it was the end of the day and there was one happy dog that sure was glad to see me when I arrived home.

123 Signature[5]

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((((Kate)))))) <<-- those are hugs.

I'm glad you're surrounded by family and friends. It helps.

That baby is so adorable!! I would be belly smooching her 24/7.

I told you awhile back to visualize HERDS of us surrounding you with love and protection and caring. We're still here.

I have one suggestion: get yourself a blank book and write down all those things about your husband that you're just finding out ... memories, realizations, feelings, all of it. You're gonna want to be telling Baby M about your husband. She can learn to love him through your memories and your words.

BIG HUGS, Kate.

Barb

Cloudia said...

George has some great expressions!
You have a great family, and are greatly missed.

"If you haven’t heard from me, it’s not because I don’t love ya. Ok?"

Funny how much my heart leapt when I read that, K


ALOHA from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral
=^..^= <3

Sweetpea said...

My dear CG, I haven't been commenting too much at all since your dear one went out walking on his own ... think I may have suspected that you'd be a bit overwhelmed with comments from all of us "out here." Still, this seemed a good moment to let you know that I'm still visiting and wishing you the best of all possible futures. Dang, and if I was closer I'd offer to take George out for a few frisbee runs he'd never forget [game of choice 'round here, tee hee].

BIG love to you & two dashes of Flying Squirrel,
Christi

Debbie From Illinois said...

Thanks for sharing your family with us. We had a snowy day in Illinois. It was beautiful, but I am not sure I am ready for snow. :-)

Bluebird49 said...

I'm just always so pleased to see you've posted! Your posts themselves are "thank-yous" enough for me, Kate. Please don't feel burdened by all the thanks you can't send, because we know how much your life has changed. I believe all your readers want is for you to feel relaxed, at peace, and loved!

Bluebird49 said...

Oh, and I meant to say what a wonderful-looking family Andrew gave you! How precious they all look.

Nellie said...

Sending you hugs, Kate! You have a great deal going on in your life at this time. It sounds like Thanksgiving is going to be a very special time! Enjoy! xo Nellie

Low Tide High Style said...

So wonderful to put faces to names, what a lovely family! And I can see the love in George's eyes! I hope you have a wonderful week!

xo Kat

JC said...

Give George a pet from us. Yesterday Jodie turned two. I told her to sing loud and her boyfriend would hear her. lol

GailO said...

You know it really is a good thing that responding to comments is not the highest priority in your life! lol! Enjoy yourself!

It is nice to see your family and especially your husband's parents here....and they look so young! What a tragedy for them to have lost two sons.....

Dar said...

Hold close the memories you've been blessed with, with your husband and let your family hold you tight.
You have a lovely family that love you and will help you through.
Have a most thankful Thanksgiving.
BlessYourHeart

Jill of All Trades said...

We know you are there and that we are here. Take care. Carla

Rain said...

Oh Kate I'm so glad there are so many people out there in blog land who have come to know you and we just are glad to support you .........smile and cry and continue to take the photos that help you.... And us :)
Fondly, Rain

beth said...

we know where you are....

and i can only imagine all the things that are now on your plate.

the weather is keeping me from getting out with my new baby....she's still so sweet....but i hope this weekend the sun shines and it warms back up a bit. right now....yikes, 17 degrees. insanely cold for this time of year.

but i must play...to keep my sanity. and where are all the birds. they seem scarce this late fall :(
xoxoxo

Daryl said...

never make excuses for life, embrace it xox

The JR said...

It's hard to answer a lot of comments. We know you love us.

Tiggeriffic said...

I always feel honored when you answer my comments.. But it's O.K. if you don't take the time to do that..I totally understand.. I just am so glad that you have blogged something and you let me see what is happening in your life..
Baby M is a blessing from God.. She is so beautiful~! Babies have a way of cheering us and making us act like babies..My husband always laughs at me when he hears me talking to babies..it's something we all do and love it when babies smile back.. Like they understood everything we just told them..
Have a Tiggeriffic Day~! ta ta for now from Iowa:)

Kerri Farley said...

You are always spreading so much Love Kate ..... we feel it in your posts :)

Baby M is just adorable :)

Jan's camera said...

Hi Kate, I have always thought it was so sweet that you responded to my comments. I have never expected you to do that so please don't feel like you should. I just enjoy your posts and don't ever expect a response unless I am asking a question. And then a response would be nice. Have a Happy Thanksgiving with your family. P.S. no need to respond to this post :)

Mersad said...

Great images. That sunset is amazing. Would love to stand at the point where you took the image, a look at it in person. Hope you are fine! Take care!

The Weaver of Grass said...

How wonderful that you have so many family members to give you constant love and support.

Hilary said...

Your poor mother and father in law.....they lost two sons in the same year? I can't even imagine, because as you know, no matter how old you or your kids are, they are still your babies.

Jeanne Walker said...

The photo of the driveway blew me away...it looks like a painting!
I, too, don't expect a comment or acknowledgement back from you, but I do enjoy it when you do. I liked the comment about posting in a journal all things Andrew...things you knew and things you didn't know. I also liked the comment about the wonderful family Andrew gave you in addition to having your own. And I so glad that you'll be spending time with family this Thanksgiving. I, too, feel such sadness for Anna and Godfrey having lost two sons in one year! And then there's George...what can I say about George except that he is such an awesome dog, friend and celebrity who has an equally awesome mom! xo

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Being busy is a good thing, but I sure do feel your pain about feeling overwhelmed. There is a fine line between the two places.

Beautiful pictures. It's hard to believe Thanksgiving is almost upon us.

JaneK said...

and I don't always comment but know it doesn't mean I am not reading every word and savoring every picture :)