Monday, August 13, 2018

All shall be well

Hello, my friends. If any of my former friends are out there listening . . .

I know it's been too long. I know this and I am sorry. But so many people lately are telling me to update this place, and to let readers know what's going on my life so I thought I'd follow their advice. Not because I think what's going on is so extremely interesting. But I am still here. In the old manor house on the hill.

For one more month from tomorrow.




Yes, I am moving. And believe me, it's time to go. The owners are putting the place up for sale and in order to get the remaining issues dealt with, it's better that the house be empty. I found a little place nearby for at least a temporary fix. And it is tiny. It is the smallest place I will have ever lived in. But it's got character, and I can take George and Miss Blackie.

But purging things that I've been carrying around for years is most difficult. I've sold some items, donated many others, and just plain trashed a lot as well. I'll miss so much about this place and the refuge it has been for such a long time for both myself and my husband when he was alive. But I do want (and need) to move on.



I took the photos above just a few nights ago. This little family of deer has been visiting a lot lately and they're quite content here. There are two fawns, a yearling buck, a doe, and an older buck. I won't be getting action like this at the new place . . . it's in a quiet residential area, something I'm going to have to get used to. Prior to coming to the major house, I'd been living on horse farms all my adult life, where open spaces abound. But I can do this (although I don't relish the idea of having to walk George on a leash when he wants to go out first thing in the morning!)



I posted this picture of Miss Blackie on my Instagram account a week or so ago and entitled it Still Life with Kitty and Packing Boxes. This change will be stressful on all of us but we'll get through. And all shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

And with that, I bid you adieu. Until next time, my friends.

Respectfully submitted,


Share

31 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

So nice to hear from you.

Linda said...

It is going to be a change but like you said, change is good. And you can still take photos of the birds!

Michelle said...

Hugs for you, pets and toys for George, and a quiet, dark box for Miss Blackie. You'll all be on my heart as you change domiciles and carry your memories away from that grand old manor house. Wish I could help.

26 Letter Girl said...

It’s lovely to hear from you! I wish you all the best on your move and this shift in your life. Changes are so bittersweet.

Kerri Farley said...

Wishing you all the best with the move!

donna baker said...

Nice to hear about the goings on in your life. It is so much work to move, but hey, onward and upward. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for updating us! I saw something about Maine the other day, and thought of you, wondering if you had moved there. Gosh, I know it’s hard to move from a place you’ve loved. All the best in your new home, and please write when you can. Brenda in California.

Daryl said...

whatever you do, wherever you go .. you'll make it yours, i have no doubt .. here's to a new beginning!!

Lee Owenby said...

A new adventure! Good luck to you and George and Miss Blackie. Can't wait to see photos of your new place. Let the adventure begin!

Winters End Rambler said...

Oh Kate...good luck with the move...hope you get time to share some of your new life chapter with us. x

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

What Daryl said--new beginnings! It's exciting, although I know it's likely bittersweet. You can do this, no doubt in my mind. I look forward to hearing about all your new adventures!

Sheila said...

So good to hear from you. Good luck on the move, I’ve always been told, change is good!

Hilary said...

Change can be good
And as long as George has you
He’s fine

Hilary said...

Change can be good
And as long as George has you
He’s fine

Country Gal said...

Oh my a big change indeed . Sometimes change is a good thing . I am glad you are able to take your fur babies all will be good . I wish you well in your new adventure . Lovely photos as always .Looking forward to maybe a post or two of the new place once you have settled in !

Debbie From Illinois said...

Thanks for checking in with us. I know this move will be emotional time for you. I’m wishing you all the best.

Christie - Fine Lines said...

Thanks for the update. I am visualizing you all settled in your new home with everything unpacked and put away. I know how stressful it can all be. But I also know how good it feels when you are all settled in with a cup of tea, a good book and pets nearby to lend support!

M. Meyers said...

I often check in on you from Tennessee. Thank you for posting and blessings in your new place!

Georgianna said...

Very happy to have the update, Kate. I wish you the very best and hope the new (temp) situation transitions into a beautiful place of joy and space for you. xxx Georgianna

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Wishing you a smooth transition into your new space, and peace of mind.

grammyscraps said...

Thanks so much for the update. I check the blog about every 10 days just in hope. Wishing you the very best in your new home. Please continue to check in with us once in a while....you have become a friend to many.

Nellie said...

Have been away from Blogger for a bit; returned rather infrequently myself. I'm so very glad I checked on you today! It's sure to be a very busy time for you! Sorting through belongings is the very hardest! Sending you encouraging and helpful thoughts! xoxo Nellie

BB said...

Oh gosh... that IS big news!!! I too have loved your house (and that driveway and those trees and those birds!) but life is change, right? I look forward to more adventures, different kinds of images perhaps? Still love to visit you, one day, over there in Maryland. :-) BB (Amanda)

Anonymous said...

How am I just seeing this!!!! Oh goodness, that is quite the change. Change is hard but is also good. Please give us another post when you get settled, I know you will miss your country life but there are many fun adventures that await!!
JaneK

World of Animals, Inc. said...

Thanks for the share. We hope you settle into your new place quickly. Lovely photos of the family of deer. We use to have a family that would be in the back of our office. Such gorgeous animals. Miss Blackie is such a sweetheart and hope she was able to help with some packing. Have a wonderful day.
World of Animals

Connie in Hartwood said...

Dear Kate. I don't envy the sifting and packing, but the fresh start sounds perfect. You and George and Blackie will be fine. (I would love to follow you on Instagram. What's your userID?)

O'dara Avenue said...

A new beginning is always good. All will be well, my dear. :)

Bluebird49 said...

Haven't posted for a while, so I just saw you posted this in August! I knew you'd be moving, but not when. I still come back here and read your older posts and enjoy your photos! I still feel I "know" you, and George and Miss Blackie, as well.

I hope you and those two special fur-folks are getting used to the new place! George. On a leash? Don't let him pull you down! Hope you like the new place. Sure would love to see a post from you once in a blue moon!

Wishing you the very best, Kate!

Linda said...

Hope that this finds you comfortably settled into your new home. My best to you and yours!

Debbie From Illinois said...

Kate, hope your move went well. How are George and Miss Blackie doing?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.