Friday, March 21, 2008

Meme tagged by Girl

I’ve been tagged by Girl to give you all seven random facts about me. I started visiting Girl's blog after she won one of Pioneer Woman's Name That Photo contests. Despite the fact that I'm not really into the meme thing, I think people have a certain fascination with them, and I know I enjoy reading those of others. Although I'm not even sure if anyone cares to read random and weird facts about me, I'm going to jump on in and do this. So, here goes.



The rules are
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
I have compiled this list of random facts about me, which has taken me all afternoon (5 minutes) to produce and have come up with the following:
1. I really don't feel at home in the kitchen. But I can fake it pretty well.
2. I've been with the same guy since we were both 19 years old.
3. I'm the eldest of seven brothers and sisters.
4. I love to drive and I miss driving a stickshift.
5. I don't like depths. Deep water freaks me out. Even in a swimming pool.
6. I wish I could be more frugal. But then I get over it pretty quick.
7. I cannot stand seeing people brushing their teeth. Not in real life, not on television.
Now I'm going to tag some recent visitors to my blog, and they are the following:
Noble Pig, Country Mouse, Janet, Aunt Jo, Mental P Mama, Tombstone Annie, Egghead. And because I'm both a rebel and a black sheep, I'm going to disregard rule #4 and not even tell them they've been tagged. I'm just going to wait and see if any of them notice.

8 comments:

Russell said...

Most interesting... Seven things about a person...? You can learn a lot with the answers to seven questions!

I was interested that you like driving a stickshift car or truck. Sitting at a stop sign on a steep hill and having to engage the clutch and gently start up again is, well, a real talent! I was a slow learner - so slow in fact I only drive automatic transmission vehicles today!! It is better for everyone concerned!

Being with the same person since age 19 is quite special, too!

Take care.

Aunt Jo said...

You're a sneaky one!

Country Girl said...

Yes, I am sometimes sneaky. But in a nice way, I hope.

And Russell, I very nearly tagged you. I wanted to tag people who are somewhat new to my site, though. But rest assured, I will get you next time. As always, a pleasure to have you visit.

~C.G.

gail said...

You know it's funny. I am not a meme gal normally either. They're hard for me. But I am glad you did it because I like to know more.... I hate when people watch me brush my teeth.

Country Girl said...

Brooke Shields is doing a Colgate commercial now and it shows her brushing her teeth. I must look away. What is wrong with me? I don't care. I'm mostly normal except for the 43 things that are wrong with me.

I'm making up that number. It's probably higher.

Mental P Mama said...

Ummmm. I just noticed. I'll get on this next week. Mkay?

Anonymous said...

Could it be a family thing? I gag when I even see it on tv, let alone having the husband figure brush when I'm in the room. And talking while brushing? Double gak.

Bekah said...

Oo just saw this...I'm on it!