Thursday, December 27, 2007

I Live in the Country . . .

. . . but it's only a short drive to get to a town. When we moved here almost 10 years ago, it was pretty quiet, but now you can drive 10 minutes and find traffic, and the big boom town of Middletown, DE. But out here, tucked back in Maryland is where I took this picture today. Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera with me when we went out this morning.
A quick trip to the Border's Books & Music, about 45 minutes away, turned into an all-day affair that ended up down at Bombay Hook Wildlife Refuge in DE. If you've never been there, I should warn you that it's all about the birds. So if birds and nature hikes don't float your boat, steer clear. But for us, we love it. We bought lunch out and ate in the car. We took the pup on several walks, going up two viewing towers where he did amazingly well. I don't know how we lucked out and got such a great dog, but we did and I'm so glad about that.
Only problem was that we had thought we were only going to Border's, so we didn't pack the camera supplies. We're thinking maybe we should go back tomorrow. Meanwhile, I took the dog out for an afternoon walk when we got home and snapped these. I also don't know how to add 2 photos to one post and make it look nice.

No comments: