I knit this scarf over the weekend. It was very therapeutic.
I love the color and how lacy and airy it turned out. I used #11 needles, and straight knit 27 stitches per row, every now and then doing a row of triple yarn-overs.
I learned what a yarn-over was from the video tutorials on an excellent website that I found. I also looked up how to cast off, because I’d forgotten how it’s done.
If you’re interested in learning to knit, visit Wool and the Gang and click on ‘Tutorials’. It’s great!
I know this may sound crazy, but I’m sort of looking forward to crisp cold autumn nights in my wooly socks, knitting. I may even branch out from just doing scarves.
~ :: ~ ~ :: ~ ~ :: ~
In other matters ~
1. It has come to my attention that I’ve reached a milestone in my blogging (ahem) career. Surprisingly, I’ve written over a thousand posts, only noticing last night when I went to edit something. I’ve been blogging since December 2007 and never thought I’d get to a hundred, much less a thousand posts. (I’ll probably hold a giveaway later this week. I love an excuse to have a giveaway).
2. After he eats his dinner, each and every night since he was a young pup, George comes into the living room and rolls on his back. We’ve never understood why.
3. We have new neighbors. They’re loud and rude and ditto goes for their vehicles. And their children. Lovely.
4. I love listening to our son play the piano in his room.
5. My hair is driving me crazy and it’s been 9 weeks since I’ve been to Hoity-Toityville to get it done at the salon. Luckily I have an appointment later this week.
Anything you care to share? Oh, come on. Don’t be shy . . .