Thursday, May 22, 2008

The George Clooney of the dog world

I don't remember which reader of this blog coined the phrase of this post's title. But whomever it was who said it, it just seemed to go well with this picture. And when I was fooling around with Pioneer Woman's actions in Photoshop and working on a tutorial that she posted last week, the finished photo that appears in this post just seemed to fit with that phrase.

I get so many comments when I post pictures of George, and he truly is a wonderful dog. My husband would beg to differ, however. Even though George is out of the doghouse, after his escapades one day last week, he's with my husband most of the day. And a border collie likes to be kept busy. He enjoys herding the most. And you can usually find him at the edge of a field, keeping the horses inside in line.

Today my husband had to take his farm truck into town to have it repaired. So he dropped George off at the house at 9 am, rather than the usual 10:30. Well, someone was very upset at this change of plans. So someone dragged my sneakers, a paperback book, a pillow and one of the throw blankets out into the yard. That someone is black & white, and this is what he does to show his displeasure at having his regular routine disrupted. (I hate to see what he'll do when he gets home from the vet after we get him castrated. Yikes!)

I don't have much else to say tonight. We're watching the Survivor Singing Show, as my husband likes to call American Idol. And my internet is still not right. I have a download speed that's adequate, (and so much better than my old dial-up), but my upload speed is only 4 tonight. And that's insane. I can't upload pictures onto blogger. So I'm going with a post that I had written two days ago when I had a better upload speed. And I'm going to bed because I really don't care who wins this show. They're both great, and they'll both do fine in life. I am just too tired to care. Let me know who wins, will you?

13 comments:

Minna Dyer said...

I don't know who's winning (or won), but I really like your new blog header :)

Hilary said...

It was David! ;)

Bad puppy!.. but beautiful nonetheless.

Anonymous said...

You are so funny. I'm watching it after the kids go to bed...

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I LOVE your Blog! I started my blog, because I wanted to share my photographs too. I found you on the latest comments on Pioneer Women newest tale! I love how your blog is set up! I am brand new at this, so I am just learning as I go! I will add you to my small list of favorites if you don't mind? I will check back often to see all you new photos,and posts! I thought I was the only one taking pictures of what others never even think about!
AWESOME and so INSPIRING!

Shimmy Mom said...

Archuleta got robbed! You knew I had to route for the hometown boy. (He's from Utah) I agree though, Cook was very good and also deserved to win.
Tell George that Lucy knows exactly how he feels. She's the one that chews shoes around here when we leave her alone.
He is the Clooney of the dog world, that picture is beautiful. Correct that Handsome. How could I disrespect the MAN like that. lol

Chocolate Cat said...

How could you ever get cross with 'George Clooney'?????? One look with those puppy dog eyes and I'd be mush!

Anonymous said...

bad, bad, George...But how could you ever get mad at a cutie like that!

Country Girl said...

Hey, Train Wreck (Cowboys, Sunsets): How could you say I'm awesome when you have those GORGEOUS PHOTOS on your blog? I was flabbergasted with your sunsets. You have got to do the skywatch Friday. It's on my tab at the left of blogs I like to visit. GO THERE! http://womtig.blogspot.com/ and post your sky pictures.

And welcome to the world of blogging.

Thanks so much everyone. I did end up staying up to see David Cook win, but fell asleep during the show.

~ C.G.

Anonymous said...

Awww there's my -- oops I mean your -- pretty boy George!

Thank you! You just made my day brighter! :D

Dr.John said...

Dogs do have a way of saying " You'll be sorry". Don't they.
I never watch any reality shows so I can't tell you who won.

Egghead said...

That photo should be framed. I love the vivid colors and how bright it is. Naughty dog.

abb said...

I love George, bad doggy habits and all! He really is the George Clooney of the dog world!

Anonymous said...

Really, George was asking you to play with him. A book, sneakers, a pillow and a blanket. What more could a girl want from her dog? Love your blog, cathy from cboyd5737@yahoo.com