Sunday, May 11, 2008

Two hearts are better than one

Something happened to me this Mother's Day that has never happened before. My sons got together and sent me the most beautiful tulips!

The flowers arrived on Friday while I was at work and when our UPS man

laid the package by my desk, I got the immediate feeling that this was something especially for me and not something that he needed to pass on for me to deliver further.

I've never received flowers from my two sons collectively before, and the gesture was just so touching. You know, any time someone you love sends you flowers, it's wonderful.

I know Mother's Day is hard on some and to you, and I want to say that if it is painful, I just hope these pictures will ,at least, make you smile. It's a beautiful spring day. So enjoy as best you can.

Cheers!

Oh, and PS -- Bonus points for knowing who wrote the song that I'm thinking of in the title post.

12 comments:

Dottie K. said...

Hi Kate,

These are beautiful. I've been enjoying all your wonderful photos. They're just amazing. Tulips are my favorite flower and these are stunning. :)

abb said...

Happy Mama's Day....you're the best!

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

Happy Mother's Day to you!

Pat - Arkansas said...

Bruce Springsteen?
Happy Mother's Day! How lovely that your children sent you flowers. Enjoy!

Mental P Mama said...

Those are wonderful. You taught them well;)
Happy Mother's Day to you!

Hilary said...

Aww that's a lovely gesture from your boys. Thanks for sharing those gorgeous tulips, and Happy Mother's Day!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

They are beautiful, and your photographs are too.

Treasia Stepp said...

Happy Mother's Day! You done well raising those boys to take the time to send flowers this special day. They are beautiful.

Jeannelle said...

I haven't a clue about the song.....the tulips are beautiful.....and Happy Mothers'Day!!

Country Girl said...

Thanks, everyone! Pat from Arkansas, you got it with Bruce Springsteen. Good job!

~ C.G.

Shimmy Mom said...

What good boys.
And what beautiful flowers. Happy Mother's Day.

Egghead said...

Beautiful....oh the pink. Aren't children wonderful?