Friday, May 30, 2008

It's a crutch for creativity, it is

I took this picture a few weeks ago while I was out for a walk with George. I had my macro lens on the camera and came home with lots of little pictures of plantlife and such. You know, really exciting stuff.
Anyway, this horse came up to me while I was walking along the fenceline and just sort of posed there. So I took her picture. I mean, I think she wanted me to. And I had no idea that I could take a big picture like this with my macro lens and well, it just surprised me when I opened it up. The fence came up in very minute detail, and after playing around with it and using Pioneer Woman's free actions on it, namely the B&W Beauty, and the Slight Edge Burn, I liked the way it came out.
Oh, and disregard the Country Girl stuff. I was toying with the idea of creating a new header at the time, and went with the geese you see at the top instead. But still, I thought it was a cool picture. Besides, I didn't take the camera with me while I was out with George on the walk today. And I'm super busy tonight working on a project at home for Graduation at our school on Sunday. So I'm resorting to stock pictures. (Sounds professional, doesn't it?)
Every year since 2002, I've made what we call the Senior Board. It's a display board that I put together that features all the seniors with lots of pictures, quotes I take from the yearbook, and just stuff I make up along the way. People have no idea how much I slave over this project, because well, they just don't think about that sort of thing. But we keep these boards for years. We're still using the ones from 2002 and on, as displays when we have Open Houses, and Upper School Nights. So I want them to look nice. And to look nice, it takes time. And love.
Oh, and wine. Remember when I said I NEVER drink during the week? Well, I never do unless it's a special occasion. And, this is a special occasion. And I don't know why, but the wine just makes me more creative. I hate to use pinot grigio as a crutch for creativity, but it's how it is.

So, come back tonight at 6 PM
when I post this week's Weekend Guessing Game! And yes, I'm definitely remembering this time because (hold your breath, folks) I am autoposting it. So there.
Tomorrow evening, I plan on being with friends on a boat. Actually, it's Tracey and Lynn (if Lynn shows up). Tracey's boat is in a marina just about 20 minutes from my house and she's invited me and some other friends to come and spend some time with her. I'll let you know how it all goes. I've never seen her boat before! So this should be fun. Especially because it's Tracey. And Lynn.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo! It would look great as your "New" Header!

Mary said...

I LOVE those photos! My computer just died, and I'm borrowing my daughter's Mac while she's at school. Do you have Photoshop Elements, or Photoshop CS2? I seem to recall that PW's free actions don't work on Elements...I'm going to have to do some research before I get a new computer...

Hope you enjoy the boat. Sounds like you'll need it after all that work on the senior board!
xoxo,
Mary

Country Girl said...

Hey Mary, I use Photoshop CS2. I sent you an e-mail on it.

~ C.G.

Mental P Mama said...

It all sounds so wonderful! Have a great time...

Shimmy Mom said...

That picture is beautiful. I can see why you thought about making it your header photo, it's perfect.
Have a fun time tonight!

Pony Girl said...

Great photos....I like the goose header, but I'm biased and have to admit I like the horse one a bit more, lol! Say, how'd you get the writing on top of the photo? Is that something you do in Photoshop?

Country Girl said...

Pony Girl,
Yes, I did the letters in Photoshop. Each line is a layer. You do it using the text button over on the left hand bar tab section. After you type it, you can use the move key to move the text where you want. Remember, each line is its own layer.

~ C.G.

Jeannelle said...

Yes, that first photo is fantastic......I love the detail of the fence. And.....little pictures of plantlife are/is "exciting stuff"!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your photography. I love to take pictures too and I'm working at it still. but your work is great.

brneyedgal967 said...

I want a nice camera. The photos you take and now with you learning PhotoShop... they just blow me away. Seriously nice work.