Saturday, May 10, 2008

Winner Announced in Weekend Guessing Game #15

Ruth Hull Chatlien has won the weekend guessing game with the correct answer of the PAGES OF A BOOK. Yes, that's what it is. It happens to be a book I've had for years and one that I've read about six times, for some reason. And it's a Stephen King book, too. They usually creep me out, but for some reason, this one appealed to me and I first read it when I was about 21 years old. It's "The Stand" and I think it was the whole good vs. evil theme that got to me, coupled with the world's demise and the huge trek out west. I don't know what it was about it, but I related to it in a profound way.

Well, enough about the book. Ruth has been a regular visitor to my blog lately and it's always good to see someone else win besides my sisters, who are tenacious at the guessing game thing. Is that the correct word, Char? She'll let me know, because she's the vocabulary expert in these here parts. I love when Char pontificates about vocabulary. Again, Char. Right word there?

Ruth, get ready for the fame that winning this contest will bring. Just a warning. And thanks again to everyone for playing. It's ok, tj. I'm terrible at these contests, too. And it DOES look like a dirty air filter to a 1974 Chevy LUV truck. And Tom, it does look like the underside of a mushroom cap. And fringe, and a feather, and a horse's mane. Oh, it looks like all of those things.

So let's PLAN to meet back here at 6 PM Friday for next week's guessing game. It's a PLAN, ok? Not a promise. And Leslie . . . I am so sorry that when you got out of bed last night to check my site for this game, that it wasn't posted. I know what it's like lying in bed and remembering something and then getting up to do it. Your feet are cold. And you're tired. And you have to put your robe on. And then maybe get a drink of water and quick bathroom trip before getting back to bed. Oh, I'm sorry. I will try to be better next week. I really will!
~ Yours truly, Country Girl.

2 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm waiting for the phone call from People magazine even as I type. :)

This was fun. I'll have to remember to come back Friday.

Leslie: said...

And then I completely forgot all about it because I had to go to a funeral on Saturday day and then out to dinner Saturday night! Oh well, there's always next week! I wouldn't have guessed it anyway. lol