Friday, May 9, 2008

Good morning, beautiful world

I know, I know. It's yet another picture of one of my favorite spots on the farm. But I just had to share it with you. I came downstairs yesterday morning as my husband was putting on his work boots, and George was anxiously awaiting the command to get in the truck. I went to pour my coffee and then followed them to the front door to say goodbye. George knows he's the luckiest dog in the world because he gets to go to work with his master. As I was waving goodbye to them, I happened to glance to the right and saw this beautiful mist on the pond with the sun just starting to rise. Of course, I had to go and grab the camera. The mist was only on the pond and it gave it an ethereal look. I didn't do anything to these pictures because I felt I didn't need to. Didn't even sharpen them in the least.

I love it here.

After school today, I went to our last home baseball game of the season for our varsity team. My good friend, Kathy, of the raspberry tea recipe, met me there. Her son, who's a senior, was pitching in the last home game of his high school career. This was a momentous occasion, so I brought the camera and took some pictures. Tracey was there, too. Perhaps you've seen her comments on this blog before. Her son is a junior and also plays on the team. It was good to be with them; they love to laugh and are a joy to be around. Kathy and Tracey have been long-time parents at the school and in the 10 years I've been employed there, I've watched their children grow and enjoyed their friendship. Our kids played sports together, and we each have a child that graduated in 2005 who still remain friends. It will be strange not to see them around the school on a regular basis anymore.

19 comments:

brneyedgal967 said...

Am doing speed reading to catch up. Missed my bloggy friends!!

Leslie: said...

I'm coming to move in with you guys!!! Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! Just what I need to see to get me going early in the day. :D

Jeannelle said...

What a beautiful and unique sunrise capture!! I love the heron photos from the other day, too!

Pat - Arkansas said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Shimmy Mom said...

Wow, again, beautiful pictures!! Thanks again!

Mary said...

Oh Lord, you DO know that you live in the most beautiful place on earth, don't you? Those pictures are amazing!
xoxo,
Mary

Jen's Farmily said...

Wow. That picture is amazing. Seeing that in the mornings would ALMOST get me out of bed before the alarm clock. Almost. :)

Mental P Mama said...

I would be hard pressed to leave that view every day and go to work!

Hilary said...

Wow! I clicked on your profile after reading your comment on Russell's blog and I'm just in awe of your beautiful photography. You are a true artist. I kept hitting "older post" because I couldn't stop absorbing the beauty of your work. I've not done much reading, but I hope to come back soon and often.

And thanks for telling me I'm not classless for buying kegs of wine. Generally the only culture I possess is yogurt. ;)

Anonymous said...

What lovely pics! It must be such a delight to your soul to live in such a place.

abb said...

OK, and why aren't you a posting Sky Watch Friday person??? Those two photos are so gorgeous (along with the previous one you're entering in Kacey's pic of the month - big hint) you really should join SKF. It was started by Tom Wigley, a blogger in England. Either go to my blog (shameless promotion ;-) or go to his:
http://womtig.blogspot.com/2008/05/sky-watch_08.html


As always, Kate, your photos and words amaze me.

Leslie: said...

AAAGGGHHH!!! It's 1:00 am and as I was drifting off to sleep, I suddenly thought of you and your weekend guessing game. Got up to check and it's NOT HERE!!! lol I'll check in the morning.

Country Girl said...

Oh, welcome Hilary! I always see you over at Russell's place and we've never met. I'll try to visit your place this weekend!

A co-worker, and my biggest fan, pointed out yesterday that he didn't see why everyone was making such a big deal about this picture. I agreed, but then I said, "Hey, whachootalkinbout, Willis?" He said that the other one was so much better, that's all he meant. And then he tried to backtrack and said that the mist was nice and all. But the damage had been done. I was hurt. I was deflated. And I moped about all day.

NOT!! I thought it was hilarious. I laughed. He calls me on the intercom phone at work almost every day and either tells me I'm insane, or that I'm a genius (not really). And I love him for it.

So thanks everyone, for proving Rich wrong. This pic isn't so bad, is it?

Annie, I will make you a solemn promise to visit that blog. Thank you so much for your support. Really. It means so much to me!

~ C.G.

Russell said...

My goodness!!! These two images are beautiful. You REALLY should consider having some of these published, do you know that?!? I am serious.

These two images are literally breathtaking. My goodness they are good!

Some people have an "eye" for photography and some people do not. Truly good work is because of the person's eye - not the equipment or lack of it they use...

I know little about you, but I know you have an incredible eye for photography.... Wow!

Tom said...

Hello and welcome to Sky Watch.. no wonder you love the place, with views such as this.
I post my Sky Watch links page at around 19.30 hours Thursday evenings GMT... post early as you can as you will have more chance of other seeing yours.. I sure they would not want to miss views such as this.

Daniel J Santos said...

very beautiful.

Sharon said...

What a wonderful view you have from your own front porch! I want to live there! Great Sky Watch!

Anonymous said...

We Sky Watcher never leave anyone behind ... so welcome and let me say ... wow, double wow ... what amazing photos!

Egghead said...

I love this. Amazing nature and what it does. Beautiful.