Sunday, May 25, 2008

Good morning, world

We were up super early this morning and don't want to waste a minute of this absolutely sterling day. Yesterday and last night were fun visiting with with my friend, Kathy. Lynn couldn't make it after all, as she had to cover in the coffee shop she owns because her help called out sick. And Tracey had forgotten about a party she'd been invited to. We texted her while we were out sitting by the campfire laughing and sharing some wine, and told her that the mares and foals were right near us, not even bothered by the campfire, just munching on the grass.
But this morning, it was up and at 'em. Kathy is an early riser like myself and was out the door by 7 am. My husband had already left to do the grocery shopping and when he came home and got everything away and we had our breakfast, he told me he was going out to pick lettuce. My job is to clean it. It's a good thing I bought that salad spinner a couple of years ago. I think it took me 40 minutes to get the whole load done and now our refrigerator is full of spring mix and all sorts of lettuces, some of which I'll take to two of my friends who own restaurants in the area. We also give it out to my husband's co-workers.
He's a taskmaster, my husband is. He kept bringing in boxes of lettuce. I'm just glad that it's beautiful outside because it's his only day off. Wish you lived closer, so I could share some of this harvest with you!

6 comments:

Treasia Stepp said...

The iris picture took my breath momentarily. The color is just stunning on it. My mother has a lot of those at her house and I do miss them.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! That iris is stunning! Hope you have a blessed Sunday, Kate!

Hilary said...

Stunning was my word of choice too.. and I'm not reluctant to say it the third time.. that's just incredible! You have a wonderful eye.. and iris. ;)

Laura ~Peach~ said...

4th times the charm, the iris is stunning! my aunt is making me a cross stitch quilt it's called iris garden I am so awed by her skills!
Hugs

Mental P Mama said...

Beautiful iris and lettuce! I wish I could have that for my salad!

Anonymous said...

wow, that's a lot of lettuce! Glad you're having beautiful weather. We're not and I'm pouting about it!