Monday, May 19, 2008

More rain a-comin'

I didn't need the weatherman to tell me it was going to rain today. All I had to do was to take a look at all the horses lying down in the field this morning and I knew. My husband told me a long time ago that when you see cattle or horses lying down in the field, it's usually a good indication that rain is coming. And this afternoon, it did rain; so this theory was correct for today.
These horses in the photo above are from the farm across the pond. And the foals below are from our farm. Well, it's not really 'our' farm. It's the farm on which we live, and on which my husband is employed. I took these pictures earlier this week. They're not lying down because of anything other than just tiredness. You try running at full gallop in a field all morning and then see how tired you can get!
I've got a great big cowlick right in the center of my forehead.
I just thought I should tell you that.

I'm getting up. Really, I am. In just a moment.

I'm not getting up. I'm just not.

I'm awake!

But my eyelids are getting very heavy . . .

Have a wonderful Monday, everyone.

13 comments:

Chocolate Cat said...

Once again beautiful photos that are good for the soul. Thank you.

Trailboss said...

Such precious babies!

Mental P Mama said...

They are so precious!

Treasia Stepp said...

Beautiful pictures of the foals.

sheila from life @ #17 said...

if you live there, you love it and you care for it, then I think you get to call it Your Farm :)

Mary said...

Love the new header! The foals are adorable. I had always heard that old saying about cows -- when they lay down, rain is coming -- but I never heard it about horses. guess it's true, though...
Lovely pics, Kate!
xoxo,
Mary

Shimmy Mom said...

I never knew that. I'm going to keep a closer eye on our horse's lying down habits now!
Great Pictures. (Again, as if you can take a bad shot!)

Mental P Mama said...

LOL--I mean I would do the AT if I could stay in a hotel each night!

Anonymous said...

Love the new header!
Love the pics of the horses also!

Anonymous said...

look, you changed your header! Love it.

Hey, these pics were just what I needed today. I love your baby horse pics.

Country Girl said...

Hello everyone. Thanks!

Yes, I thought it was about time that I changed the header. I used Pioneer Woman's actions on it.

Hilary said...

They're just beautiful.. lucky you.

Egghead said...

They are so beautiful. Reminds me of how much I loved my horse as a child. I began breaking him when he was just about the age of these little guys. He was adorable.