Wednesday, March 17, 2010

May love and laughter light your days

It’s late as I write this and it’s been a long hard day. It was hectic at school due to Spring Portrait Day and the scheduling of classes for their pictures but I had the photographers out of there by 1 PM which is a record. And at lunchtime I laughed hard with my teacher friends. I love laughing at lunchtime.

I didn’t get home until late because of an errand I needed to run but the taxes are done and that makes me very happy. When I came home, I saw our neighbor, Saint John of Red Hill, down at the end of our driveway putting up our mailbox. I’d hired him to repair the post that had come down in the latest wreck to claim our mailbox. It happened last week at the intersection where my driveway lies. We call him Saint John because, well, he is. I work with his wife, Christine, at the school and she’s one of the few who make me laugh at lunch.

DSC_0267 copy 2

My husband told me he’d taken some photos on this beautiful day and asked if I wanted to look at them. “Maybe”, he said, “you’ll think some of them are good enough for your blog”.

And oh yes, I did. He took these snowdrop photos with the macro lens. I applied some different textures in Photoshop and when I was finished, I realized that everything was so green and that maybe it would make a good post for St. Patrick’s Day.

DSC_0282 copy 2

I want to sincerely welcome all the new faces I see here every day. I’m so glad you’ve stumbled upon my little place here.

DSC_0271 copy 2

This is a cool texture freebie available from Alphabet Soup Studios on flickr. I kinda like it.

DSC_0324 copy 2

And here’s that cool dog of ours. I see he’s carrying that green frisbee he likes so much.

~ ~ ~ @ ~ ~ ~ @ ~ ~ ~ @ ~ ~ ~ @ ~ ~ ~

May love and laughter light your days,

and warm your heart and home.

May good and faithful friends be yours,

wherever you may roam.

May peace and plenty bless your world

with joy that long endures.

May all life's passing seasons bring

the best to you and yours.

~ An Old Irish Blessing

Until tomorrow, my friends . . .

36 comments:

BB said...

Oh back at you, Kate!

Happy Saint Paddy's Day to you and your readers... our whole outlook is green at my place.
:-)
BB

beth said...

awww the green is so perfect and completely needed these brown, but sunny days of spring.....

and that hubby of yours....I think he loves you more than life itself and he's got quite a good eye !

Pony Girl said...

Happy St. Patty's day! Fun new spring look over here! ;)

Cloudia said...

You (and George) too, Sis!



Aloha from Hawaii


Comfort Spiral

Julie Harward said...

i just love Irish blessings! The flower is perfect for St. Patricks day to be sure...good job you two! Keep the laughter going and have a great green day tomorrow! Come say hi :D

Shana Putnam said...

Your hubby is taking some wonderful photos. I also love your dog. Border collie right? We have an Australian Shepherd who is a black tri and she looks so much like yours except for the tail and the brown on her anyway...lol. I just love the intensity of a herding dog. Their intelligence just shines in their eyes.

abb said...

No snow drops in my yard yet, but I'm waiting! Happy day, my friend!

Chrissykat said...

Loving the texture pic! I'm just going to have to sit my hind-parts down & learn this photoshop skill...have to...your photos make me so happy.
George is the best.
Laughing is the best too.
Slainte!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

HUGSSSSSSSS and loads of laughter and that man sure can get some awesome shots... got me eye on a d 80 on ebay IF i can ever recall my pass word... its has 4 days left...

Marla said...

That husband of yours is talented.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day to you too. :)

Marla @ asthefarmturns.wordpress.com

bv said...

May the light always find you, on a dreary day.
When you need to be home, may you find your way.
May you always have courage to take a chance,
And never find frogs in you underpants.
Cheers
BV

Skogkjerring said...

We don't celebrate St. Paddy's day here in Norway so I totally forgot what today was and I won't even begin to tell you I have no green on- oops...there it slipped out! Love the photos with the green- your husband is getting as good as you, you make a great team, he photographs and you put textures on them- nice! Love teamwork and love to laugh at work also- makes the day run so much smoother. They've been teasing me about my Norwegian at work lately but we have some good laughs about it!
Have a super St. Paddy's day!!

Kerri Farley said...

Super Post Kate ~ It's always good to laugh ~ and KUDOS to you and your hubby with these lovely pics! You guys make a GREAT Team!!

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Kerri Farley said...

PS - I LOVE GEORGE!

The Curious Cat said...

What a lovely post...and I like the flickr effect too - beautiful photos xxx

Jayne said...

Beautiful St. Patrick's Day shots! :c)

Anonymous said...

Oh aren't snowdrops simply beautiful. Captured to perfection.

CJ xx

Nurse Nancy said...

So beautiful....my daffodils are starting to peak from the ground. Love this time of year. Happy St. Patties Day!

Jill of All Trades said...

Beautiful pictures. Happy St. Pat's Day!

altar ego said...

I love snowdrops. Great shots of those. And a happy day of green to you as well. I may just have to send you an ecard that will make you laugh!

Mental P Mama said...

And the very same to you! Beautiful;)

Daryl said...

Lovely shots. I think you might need a new tab for Pix by The Man ...

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Carolynn Anctil said...

Happy St. Paddy's Day to you too.

Beautiful images. And a cute pooch too. *wink*

I think your husband might be angling for his own blog....

Deb said...

Andrew's photos are really stellar! Make sure you tell him that I enjoyed them today.

The JR said...

Great photos. Luv that dawg. Have a good St. Patty's day.

Deb said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day Kate ♣
Your husband's photos of the snowdrops are simply gorgeous ~ and I LOVE the textures you've added. You two compliment each other beautifully ☺.

Jeanne Walker said...

Spring is a busting out down here in Texas...oak and pear trees, redbuds, daffodils, and lovely weeds. But it's all good!

Happy St. Pat's Day to one and all, especially to my favorite dog after my own!

Hugs, Jeanne

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

Happy St. Patty's day to you too! Love all the green!

Unknown said...

Oh happy St Patty''s Day! smiles.

Low Tide High Style said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day, or maybe it should be Happy St. John's Day!

Beautiful photos of a beautiful day!

Kat :)

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Those flower pictures are gorgeous. Your husband really does have an eye.

wv: nombstet. A word used to describe the phenomenon of people leaving garden gnomes in their front yard.

traci said...

hello!! i came over from bella dellas. so nice to meet you. your photography is beautiful. and so is your dog!!!

A Scattering said...

Dang, he's getting good - love the snowdrops.

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

Love the photos - your hubby is good too! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Mary said...

Wonderful photos and processing, too. So glad you had a wonderful day! Blessings to you, dear Kate. :)

FireLight said...

Kate, I am so glad I had a moment here to read up on your week. Please tell Hubby I am a snowdop FOOL! Mine only just bloomed the week leading up to March 13th! I had thought they may have frozen to death...au contraire(sp?)...they are blooming like never before here...mine are a different variety than yours.(I have a close up in my sidebar that my son made last week.)..I read once that there are well over a hundred varieties of these. I love the one you enhanced with the script...and I love stopping by here!