Saturday, November 28, 2009

Meredith’s mom

This is Chris. She’s Meredith’s mom. She’s also mom to Danny and Billy. I see her every so often, as she is the daughter of the sister of my sister-in-law’s husband. You know, those people that you see at holidays and other special occasions?

I’ve known her since she was just a wee little thing, but I wish I saw her more often, because she’s totally cool.

DSC_0470 copy 2

Due to events that were beyond my control, the last time I saw this family was [here].

And she has the most fantastic family, too. Nice husband and three well-mannered kids. And Meredith is her daughter.

Meredith does not enjoy being photographed.

DSC_0471 copy 2

No. No. No. Meredith does not.

Run away from the lady with the camera, Meredith!

DSC_0480 copy 1

Her brother Billy, on the other hand, is a natural. Thank you Billy, for making it so darn easy.

I would have photographed his older brother, Danny, but he was busy losing at Wii Bowling to my mother-in-law, who dusted the lanes with everyone present.

Apparently, my MIL is the queen of Wii Bowling.

DSC_0504 copy 2

It wasn’t until my lovely niece, Kim asked Meredith to pose for a photo to put in her new apartment. “C’mon, Mer, I need a picture of you and I together for my apartment, k. Please?”

And Meredith acquiesced. (Dear Meredith: If you are reading this now, please look up the word ‘acquiesced’. I love vocabulary and I think you will, too.)

DSC_0510 copy 2

And once she warmed up to the nice lady with the camera, I got this one as well.

DSC_0498 copy 2

Thanks, Kim. I couldn’t have done it without you. And to Meredith’s mom: You have the most well-behaved, personable kids. It’s such a wonderful reflection on the parents when the children are a joy to be around. I’m just sayin’.

I’m already looking forward to the next time I see you all.

Love,

24 comments:

tainterturtles said...

I love the photos.

Michelle said...

You ended up with a most excellent photograph of young Meredith.

Deb said...

Beautiful photos of a lovely day!

Deb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolynn Anctil said...

You're my new favourite blog. I'll be adding you to my 'roll'.

P.S. I think I'm a little bit in love with George. *smile*

JacksDad said...

Well, sure...... it's EASY to take pictures of people who look so good! :)

Laura ~Peach~ said...

what a lovely bunch :) I am glad you had a wonderful day too!

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

What great photos of incredibly beautiful people.

They're grinning from ear to ear, which speaks volumes.

Mary said...

Lovely portraits, Kate. You have some seriously beautiful relatives!

FireLight said...

Yes, beautiful faces! And I love the saying....
" I'm just sayin' " ....
Great photography!

alphabet soup said...

That Billy is just such a handsome young lad. And photogenic too, I can tell just by looking at the photo.
Ms Soup

Dagmar said...

Oh how I love family pictures. They make me happy all the time.

Scriptor Senex said...

What a great post of s delightful looking family.

Skogkjerring said...

Wonderful family photos Kate! You so reminded me of my grandfather when you wrote about looking up a word. He use to write exactly the same thing when he wrote a letter to us with words he thought we might not understand, he always tagged the word with, "Look this up"....thanks for the reminder of my grandfather!!
Have a super day!

Golden West said...

You captured some great shots, especially of the kids - nice work!

Anonymous said...

Since my eldest granddaughter's name is Meredith I am in love with this post. She's very well behaved unless she decides to throw a temper tantrum. LOL

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Leslie: said...

Such fantastic photos! I love the monochrome one of Meredith. And I must say you have one handsome family. :D

GailO said...

Your portraits turned out wonderful Kate!...I especially love the sepia pic of Meredith...it is something she will cherish in the future too...

I tried all T-day to get a good shot of my two grandchildren together...Impossible!!

Mental P Mama said...

Beauties....

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

So many beautiful people in one space--I am blinded by the light! Truly...

Daryl said...

In Yiddish there is a word for in-laws relatives (the sister-in-law of the wife of the whoever) its machatunim (pronounced maa cha TUH nim- the "ch" is a gutteral sound as in "J.S. BaCH")

In any language those are lovely people in even lovelier photos!

Char said...

looks like a fantastic time was had by all

beth said...

these are just the best and happiest photos....
seriously, they really are !

and gosh, everyone is just beautiful !

now I have to ask, especially since these were all taken inside....what camera do you use ?

Meg McCormick said...

You know what? Parents love hearing that from other people. Really, they do. It's kind of you to offer that praise, especially in public, especially where the world can see it, especially where there are photos to prove the lovely folks you're praising.