Tuesday, June 23, 2009

And now for something refreshing

I’m serving drinks on the patio this afternoon. C’mon and join me.

There’s nothing I like better on a fine summer day than catching some rays while hanging by the pool and cooling off with a nice summer cocktail. Unfortunately, I don’t have a pool, nor is it a fine day, but I won’t let those little details get in the way. But I do have the mixings for my favorite new summertime drink, so one out of three ain’t bad, right?

I’m using one of the new sweet teas. You can find them in the vodka section of your favorite liquor store. I’ve never tried this one before but the words jeremiah and weed in the name sort of intrigued me.

There are suddenly many different brands of sweet tea available. Firefly is an excellent choice. And I rather like Carolina Tea which is a little less costly. When mixing your cocktail, it’s always better if the lemonade is as fresh as you can get it. Of course, in a pinch, the powder mix will do.

DSC_0126 copy 2

This is the simple recipe:

Sweet Tea Vodka with Lemonade

Fill glass with ice.

Fill to half with sweet tea vodka.

Top with lemonade.

DSC_0132 copy 2

You should probably write that down, in case you forget.

 

Today, I’m serving mine in my UVa cocktail tumbler, in honor of Lauren. Just so you know, they’re available at the university bookstore, one of the nicest college book stores I’ve ever seen. (There’s even a Clinique counter).

Enjoy!

Until tomorrow, my friends . . .

23 comments:

ELK said...

looks and sounds marvelous ...it is a great way to end a day !

Anonymous said...

This certainly looks refreshing.. just had some lemonade this evening but without the added extras. It was yummy anyway! Today was the first time this year that I was craving lemonade.

DI
The Blue Ridge Gal

Mental P Mama said...

Sweet Tea Vodka? Lord have mercy. Mama has a new friend;) And I like that glass! Going to C'ville Wednesday!!!!

Deb said...

Slurp! Slurp! This sounds marvelous...and with our heat down South, Sweet Tea Vodka sounds like just what the doctor ordered!

Cindy said...

I don't drink, but it sure sounds good. I'll have some Lemonade. Enjoy.

Cindy

Char said...

it's like an arnold palmer - yum!

GailO said...

Somehow I think that Sweet Tea vodka is going to be hard to find up north...but I'm going to try!

It's been cold here and I have a cold so I had my cold remedy tonight...Hot tea with honey, lemon, and some Johnny Walker...I'm not sure what part cures the cold but it works!

Unknown said...

The best Arnold Palmer I have ever seen!!! And cheers to MPM and Bird...Waaaaawhhooooowaaaaaa!

Amy said...

mmm yum that looks delish! have one for me :-)

Jeannelle said...

I suspect this would go down very smoothly on a hot, humid afternoon. Thanks!

Sarah Anne said...

All of these drinks sound good, and I can't have any of them. I'll just stick with regular lemonade. Or maybe add strawberries. :)

Jill of All Trades said...

Oooo yummy. Looks refreshing.

Golden West said...

I'm not much for vodka, but that brand of lemonade is really delicious. They make great orange juice, as well.

Donalyn said...

I would have to put down my glass of wine to give it a try, but - ok!

Daryl said...

Maybe Mama will bring us all glasses back from her trip to settle Bird into school ... Clinique counter .. nice ...

abb said...

I'll be right down!

noble pig said...

Okay tis works very well for me.

The Weaver of Grass said...

It all sounds delicious for a hot day but we don't seem to have these things in UK

Tess Kincaid said...

Yummers. I'll take one!

Anonymous said...

Would definitely like the pool though! Thanks for the recipe.

CJ xx

Beth said...

I think we hit 105 degrees here today and that would be so good right about now. I will definitely try this tomorrow. I don't want to leave the AC now that I'm home to get the ingredients.

Mary said...

Well hell, that looks good! ;)

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

Looks delish and so refreshing! I think I'll try it when I get off all these antihistimines!