Monday, November 22, 2010

Finally, George has his own calendar

Well, I did it. I’ve published a calendar full of George photos. It’s called 365 Days of George the Border Collie and is available from Lulu.com for 19.99 plus a little s&h.

DSC_0401 copy Calendar

George the Border Collie 2011 Calendar

My family has been encouraging me for the past couple of years to create greeting cards or a calendar of some kind and I kept looking for the method that would suit me best. I wanted a quality product with excellent photo processing and I wanted customers to be able to order it directly from the site where I created it, leaving me out of the mailing process or processing orders. Affordability was another big factor.

It wasn’t until this weekend, when my husband urged me to do it, telling me that people might actually want a calendar full of George photos that I finally took the plunge and began in earnest. I found Lulu on a search. And then realized I already had an account with them. D-oh!

In it, you’ll find my favorite guy in his element: the outdoors. The finished size is 11” x 17” and it’s just in time for you-know-what.

You can check it out on the link above.

Love,

 

26 comments:

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Wow - congratulations on taking the big step. I am sure this will be one of many more forays into the publishing world.

And thank you for saying "you-know-what" and not that other word that shouldn't be mentioned until after Thursday.

This is exciting!

Kerri Farley said...

Oh it's LOVELY! December has me blown away ..... WOWZA!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

beautiful calendar... love me some george :)

Country Gal said...

Wonderful, I love animal calendars ! Have a great day !

Deb said...

so excited for you and George...loved the calendar...

The JR said...

I bet it's fantastic. How could it not be with your photography skills and George's handsome self.

imjustmk said...

Love the calendar and always love George! My fav is the one of him in Maine. I hope it does well! Happy Thanksgiving!

Daryl said...

What a great idea .. wishing you many sales!

Jen at Cabin Fever said...

Very cool!

Its confusing though... Is this a calendar that has a photo for each 365 days or is this a twelve month calendar with one photo for each month? I am assuming its the latter because to have 365 different photos of George, well, that's impressive!

Cabin Fever in Vermont

deborah said...

Just in time to order for the New Year!

Mental P Mama said...

It's about time! Just ordered one for Dora's stocking!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fantastic idea. I'd love to do something like that.

You know, you have a customer in Northumberland, don't you?!!

CJ xx

Char said...

congratulations!

Dawning Inspiration said...

Congratulations to both you and George!

abb said...

How delightful!

wayne15575 said...

Outstanding Kate. And I can't think of a better subject.

Low Tide High Style said...

Oh my goodness, how exciting!! Can we get autographed copies with George's paw print?! I can now say that I knew George...when! ;)

Kat :)

Sweetpea said...

Well this is pretty darned freak'in WONDERFUL!!!!!
dunno tho. could I stand looking at George's mug every month for a whole year???
:>P
YOU BETCHA!!!!!

J'Ollie Primitives said...

Atta girl! Well done!

George's calender pictures are outstanding. My pug has calender envy....

maillady said...

wow, congrats to you and george. he is a pretty boy. you are going to have to make sure it doesn't go to his head. or his fathers. lol. oh yeah . thanks for the thanks. good times.

alphabet soup said...

George has his very own calender!! Congratulations Kate, it looks fantastic (well really - how else would it look?) and I like the way you have fitted in the seasons around him. As my comments these days are retrospective: everyone loved those candles; Blackie looks beautiful as does the red leaf.
Ms Soup

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. I hope George said it was okay with him.

Hope you sell a bunch of 'em!

Di

mrs mediocrity said...

Yay for George. I hope he is still going to talk to us little people now that he's famous...

Mary Ann said...

Lovely George! I especially like the December photo, very beautiful. Nice work, Kate!

Lili said...

Oh how much fun Kate! At first I thought you had 365 photos, like in one of those daily little calendars, then I came to my senses and realized it was a 12 month one! He's bound to be a best seller! Congrats to you both! xo ~Lili

Mary said...

Omigosh, that is adorable!!! George is going to need an agent after this -- he will be SO famous! :)