Thursday, February 28, 2008

Down and out in Maryland

I regret to inform you that I'm still down for the count. I've been out of work the past 3 days and I don't see any hope for tomorrow, either. It's some sort of respiratory flu and I won't go into the details.

Imagine my surprise when I logged on this morning, to see all these wonderful get well wishes from all of you. Thank you so much. It actually made me feel a little better! I am typing very slow and trying not to make mistakes.

I do want to admit something awful that I did. Do you see that sweet little pup in this picture? I took this about a month ago, but I yelled at that little pup today. He has been trying to help me by bringing me squeeky toys and things, I guess, that make him happy. He just lays them on top of me and backs up. So I'm laying here with squeeky toys on me. Some are wet from outside. But today he jumped on my bed and he was wet and I yelled at him to get down and go away. He sulked out the bedroom and down the steps. I felt awful.

But he's over it now. I think I am, too.
Once again, thanks for your well wishes. I'll be back soon. I just don't know when . . .

8 comments:

Aunt Jo said...

Bless your heart! I'm sorry to hear you're sick.

I'll bet George will forgive you and all will be fine.

brneyedgal967 said...

George will be alright. Mine walked through his own pee today outside, then picked up his little paws one by one like "Ewww!" "Ewww!" "Ewww!" "Ewww!" Yep, all four of them. He's not so bright, but I love him anyway.

Hope you're back to normal soon. I'd give ya a hug, but I don't want the bug. Ugh. *grin*

Laura B. said...

Ugh...so sorry that you're sick. I'm finally well after suffering for weeks with the crud. My pups love to lay on me too when I'm sick, I think we've all scolded them more harshly than needed when we're sick...good thing that dogs get over it pretty quickly. :-) Get better soon!

Jeannelle said...

Its good to see your post. You're missed here in blogworld. Its good you have a faithful friend like George to be your nurse.

Lots of get-well thoughts and prayers headed your way!

Anonymous said...

George will understand. That's sweet how he is being so attentive.

Get better!!!

Mary said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you're still not feeling well! Rest up, and I'm sure you'll be feeling a little better every day. My cat does the same thing -- she HAS to sit on my lap. But when you're not feeling well, the last thing you need is 25 lbs. on your lap!
xoxo,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Still thinking of you...

Robin (Bumblebee) said...

The nice thing about dogs is they don't hold a grudge.

Make some tea...get well.

Robin at Bumblebee