Sunday, February 10, 2008

I miss daylillies

And flowers, and warm weather. It's super windy outside today with gusts up to 50 mph. The bird feeders are blowing sideways at the moment, but I'm not taking a photo because my macro lens is on the camera and I'm really being lazy today. Besides, my sliding glass door is dirty and I don't want you to see what a slob I am. I meant to clean it yesterday when I did my housecleaning. I took this picture last summer with my old Sony Cybershot point and shoot camera. Then I opened it up in Photoshop today and just played with it until I liked what I saw. I'm hanging around inside the house this afternoon, knitting, reading and playing with the computer. My husband is making bangers and mash for dinner. (He's British). If you haven't had this dish, I'll tell you it's pretty good. Bangers are sausages. (Go figure). And the mash would be the potatoes. They're mashed. We rarely have it, but he's been making it for me since we first got together at age 19. And it's become one of his classic staples. I just love it when he cooks.

6 comments:

Robin (Bumblebee) said...

Dirty windows. That's too funny!

I am really cranky that you knit. See my knitting saga at:
http://www.bumblebeeblog.com/2007/10/09/finally-a-use-for-those-knitting-needles-%e2%80%93-100907/

By the way, I'm emailing you offline about blogging.

Robin at Bumblebee

brneyedgal967 said...

I can't wait for spring. Spent part of the afternoon filling up wheelbarrows full of limbs. And uncovering greenery from spring bulbs that are beginning to emerge from the ground. This will be a spring of surprises in my new yard of mystery. Such excitement!

Leslie: said...

OOOOO...bangers & mash!!! We used to have that a lot (as we are of British ancestry). Enjoy it! :D

Anonymous said...

Tonight it is -28 degrees... yea, I can't wait for spring either! :-p

Anonymous said...

Getting snow today again. Sigh. I'm ready for spring. But, I want a new macro lens before spring to take flower shots...

Jeannelle said...

I'm learning much by reading your photography info. This will sound really stupid, but I just discovered I have something called "Picture It" on my computer. Maybe it came with my camera.....my daughter installed the CD that day, and I wasn't paying attention to what it was.
Anyway, it has lots of choices for doctoring photos, so I'm having fun experimenting with that. It has a "hue and saturation" circle thing that is great fun!

Thanks!