Saturday, February 9, 2008

It's a tie for Weekend Guessing Game #5 (announcing early)

It's a DEER ANTLER. And not only is it a tie, but it's a tie between two sisters. My sisters, at that. And to everyone out there, please don't think this game is rigged. It's truly not. Some may find it odd that now all 3 of my sisters have won this game, among several others that are my friends. But really, my friends and family probably make up the bulk of the viewers of this blog, although that's beginning to change.
And thanks to a visitor named Jen for pointing out that I had inadvertently tagged my photo with "Deer Antler copy" which I quickly fixed. I contacted my two sisters and asked them if they'd clicked on the photo and I believe them because they both told me that no, they hadn't. Char told me she didn't even know you could do that. I trust all three of my sisters implicitly, and they've never lied to me that I know of. Well, except for that time I asked them if my butt looked big in a certain pair of jeans but really, I do believe them.
Both Char and Ginny guessed Deer Antler at exactly the same time, so they're the winners. I got some interesting guesses this time, most of them good ones. And one gross one about someone's toenail, but I digress.
CHAR (top photo) lives in PA and is wife to Dave and mother to Em and Sam. And GINNY, our baby sister, lives in CA and is wife to Jay and mom to Danielle. She's also the caregiver to our dad, Clarke (Superman) but she always just calls him Maynard. Seems to fit better, I think. Now I'm really digressing.
I'd like to end by saying that I hope to continue this game. And honestly, it's only a game. But even though it's only a silly game, I'd never rig it or try to trick you. I'm just not like that. And I never will be. Amen.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look, you're digressing now too. I tell, ya, it's contagious...

and I think this game is rigged... *g, okay, maybe not ; )

brneyedgal967 said...

What pretty sisters! Love the strawberry blonde hair color - I'm guessing it runs in the family?

I actually knew it was a deer antler, but there were two correct guesses already posted when I did. However, my dad's toenails are as tough as a deer antler so thought I'd throw that in there for fun.

Glad I grossed ya out. That's what I'm here for. *grin*

Congrats to Char & Ginny! May you not allow all this fame to go to your heads!

Country Girl said...

Yeah, I am always digressing. Whenever I tell a story.

And the red hair? Only with these two. The rest of us are brunettes.

And I knew that you knew it was a deer antler, Tammy. I'm psychic like that.

Leslie: said...

Came by via Josie and Russell. Great blog you have here - I'll have to check in for your next contest. Feel free to pop over to visit me! :D

Jeannelle said...

Congrats to your sisters! I can see your blog is a great way for you all to stay in touch.

Leslie: said...

Well, I'm glad you came back to post about La Vie en rose, Kate. I've added you to my blog roll so I'll remember to come back here. Nice to meet you, too. I've just posted about my sushi dinner tonight, if you're interested.

tj said...

...Okay, I'm gonna file a grievance with the Blogger Union Local #BR549 regarding favoritism amongst some blogs - I mean seriously now, two sisters winning! Uh huh, I think there's subliminal code hidden in the text that only sisters can read - that's it! Isn't it?! lol... ;o)

...Congrat's to the sisters! :o)

...Blessings...

Anonymous said...

you posted too early....thought 6pm was the reveal time you lying bitch!

Country Girl said...

I am secretly hoping that anyone other than my sisters wins the next game.

Sisters, don't play. Please.

I am hoping out loud that no one else calls me a bitch, thank you.

~ C.G.

tj said...

...Hello, I just sent you an e-mail regarding deleting offensive comments, like the one above, from here. Let me know if it works. I am so sorry - I hope that by kidding with you in my comment that it didn't provoke this...

...And please don't ask your family to bow out - this is fun just the way it is. Remember this is your blog - you do with it as you please. Don't let one bad apple ruin this for you or us!

...Blessings to you... ;o)

Anonymous said...

I agree... the comment above should be deleted! There was absolutely no call for those words. Kate is anything but a b---. I'm appalled! It's just a game. Besides, it's her blog, if she wants to end it early, she can.

Kate, let your sisters play, I have no problem with that! If I can't guess the correct answer when they are playing, I won't be guessing the correct answer w/o them playing either! LOL