Friday, February 8, 2008

Weekend Guessing Game #5

It's time for the Weekend Guessing Game again, where you get to guess what in the heck this picture could possibly be.
It's probably too easy, so the only clue I will give you was that I found it in the woods near my home. Was it man-made? Maybe. Is it 'of the earth'? I dunno. Might be. Did you plant it there? Now, would I do a thing like that?
Thing is, I'm not telling.
So GAME ON as of now, 6 PM Friday night. You've got 24 hours. First person to guess the correct answer is the winner. Winner will be announced tomorrow (Saturday 2/9) between 6 and 7 pm. If you post as anonymous, please leave your name or initials so I'll know who you are. You can guess as much as you like, but please limit your guess to one per comment. It's just easier that way.
Good luck.
Oh, and there's no prize. Sorry, I keep forgetting to tell you that. A picture of the winner gets posted (if they want) and the winner gets the fame that only comes from having their picture posted in this photo blog. Doesn't get any better than that. Yeah.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's (lichen or some type of fungi(mushroom)) that grows on tree bark. I just can't remember the name.

Anonymous said...

Is it a deer antler?

Anonymous said...

It looks like it could be some sort of smoothed out bone and I'm thinking that if you found it near your home, probably in the woods it may be an antler?

That's my guess.

Love,

FAVE BABE

Anonymous said...

It's a sponge. Or some kind of fungus... Right?? No? Well, I can't ever figure out your weekend guessing game!!

brneyedgal967 said...

It's my dad's toenail!! He has scary feet. How in the world did you manage to get a picture of that? Sheesh. YOU are incredible!

Anonymous said...

Ha! Easy? You've got to be kidding me...

tj said...

...Aw c'mon Kate - no Wii?! lol... ;o) I'm guessing this is meringue on top of a coconut cream pie that you've made from scratch...am I right? Oh, no, you wouldn't of found that in the woods - let's see, maybe a bone of some sort... Honest to goodness - I don't know! ;o)

...You're good at this and it kills me that I can never get it right...lol

...Blessings... :o)

Anonymous said...

Definitely a mushroom, chanterelle maybe.

Jeannelle said...

....a piece of limestone rock....rather weathered.

Jen said...

If you click on it, it tells you what it is!

Country Girl said...

Thanks Jen. Problem fixed.

~C.G.

Weezee said...

hmmmm I am guessing a tree branch that was an insect's home.

Your photos are so gorgeous and I love George. I have Australian Cattle Dogs so I understand that have to move thing!