Friday, February 22, 2008

Winner announced for Weekend Guessing Game #7



This week's winner is JEN who guessed correctly that this is picture is a PISTACIO nut.
I couldn't believe that someone guessed it on the very first try!
Jen lives in Iowa and is engaged to Aaron. She's also mom to two children named Nate (aged 3 1/2) and Sammi (aged 1 1/2). You can visit Jen's blog and congratulate her yourself!



I've been hosting this guessing game for 2 months now and after playing one at Midlife by Farmlight this week, I think my game needs to a little more fine-tuned. I liked when Jeannelle commented that someone was 'getting close'. But on the other hand, I don't want to be tied to the computer all the time. I'm on it enough already! Usually I post a winner the next day and let people keep guessing even though the answer is already there. But I think it's time to stop when the answer appears, don't you?


Here's the original picture. Thanks to all who played this week. And Jen, enjoy the fame that winning this contest will surely bring you! Ha.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a neat contest to have and a cool crop!

Robin (Bumblebee) said...

Okay, I looked at this and was thinking something totally different--you don't want to know. It's a little freaky that someone figured it out so quickly.

Robin at Bumblebee

Jen said...

Thank you, thank you. I will be signing autographs and selling my newest product, "Bags of Pistachios," right by the exterior door there. Please bring your own piece of paper and pen for the autograph, and each item is $10.

Thank you, thank you again. YOU ALL REALLY LOVE ME!

P.S. I was eating a pistachio nut not even 24 hours prior to seeing this contest. I was staring at it and studying it, trying to figure out what that brown crusty spot is. Imagine my surprise when I opened up the contest blog!

Anonymous said...

Well, darn... finally one that wasn't hard and I get on and it is already over.

Ah, well... next week... oh, wait, oldest daughter has her fashion show. Hmmm... maybe 2 weeks from now. :-p

Country Girl said...

Welcome, girl. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Robin, it IS freaky, but I think it was good karma. Jen was the one (if I remember correctly) that told me I had inadvertently tagged one of my photos in the WGG#5. I quickly fixed it.
Christine, I have hope for ya! I know you'll win some day . . .
Jen, you're on your way to fame and fortune. You'll have the respect of intellectuals and the adoration of small children. It's this easy.

~C.G.

Anonymous said...

I hate it when I'm out on Friday night and miss this...