Friday, February 29, 2008

Weekend Guessing Game #8 is here

It's that time of week again where I take a macro picture of something and hold a guessing game. I just do it for kicks, because well it isn't like there's a prize or anything.
This week I've been a little distracted. And tired. But enough of that already. Maybe I just rooted around my house and found something, because we all know that I haven't ventured out of my house at all, not even for a little walk. Or maybe . . . maybe my husband brought me home another one of his little presents. You never know here at my house.

So no clues. It's crazy because last weekend someone guessed correctly on the very first comment posted and the weekend before, zilch. I just don't know how difficult to make it. But hey, it's all in fun.
Know this, though: I would never post something gross. (Like something old I found growing in my frig or something dead in the woods). I just don't wanna see gross things in print. It's, well it's just yukky.
So put your thinking caps on. GAME ON now. Game ends in 24 hours. Winner will be posted by 6 PM tomorrow evening. To make a guess, hit the comment button at the bottom of this post. If you're commenting anonymously, leave your initials or first name. And remember, when you're guessing you may see the answer already there. Just guess anyway. It's always interesting to see what you can come up with. Be creative. Guess as often as you like and here's the important part: have fun!
Good luck! Can't wait to see who wins this Leap Day Guessing Game

20 comments:

Country Girl said...

I zoomed in so close that it looks pretty trippy going in and out of focus like this! Sorry about that.

Anonymous said...

A wax candle in a tub ! maybe ?? also sort of looks like watermellon ? lol. Doris

Anonymous said...

This is skin with a rug burn.

Minna Dyer said...

I would have said one of those more-textured-than-average candles,
but someone already said candle.
The pink makes it harder to guess, more specific

Country Girl said...

Using the macro lens and getting this close makes everything so much bigger. I was surprised at the texture when I looked into the lens.

Anonymous said...

Could it be a kitchen sponge? I thought of a watermellon at first but then they aren't really in season are they?

Fave Babe

adsgram said...

Could it be sorbet or sherbet? Kind of chilly for that here in New England, but still yummy!

Country Girl said...

I'm home catching up on all my fave blogs tonight. These are all really good guesses!

Does someone already have the answer? (Do you actually think I'm going to let the cat out of the bag at this point?)

I will say that if I had taken a macro pic of a sponge, it would look like the craters on the moon.

Ok. Jes' sayin' . . .

Funny one, noble pig!

Anonymous said...

I think this is something smooth- looking at normal range and it's porous. Oh, and curved, too. And I'm completely clueless as to what it could possibly be!

SJR

Anonymous said...

hmmmm... how 'bout a nail thingy... what are they called? it smooths your skin? hold on I'll find the name for it...

Anonymous said...

a pumice stone :)

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

I'm thinking ice cream.

Jo said...

A tube of lipstick?

Anonymous said...

Watermelon!

Anonymous said...

blush or eyeshadow

Leslie: said...

I'm guessing ice cream or sherbet - looks like ice crystals on part of it.

Country Girl said...

I'm here working on a post and saw a few more guesses. So here's a couple of clues because I'm feeling footloose and fancy free:

Not edible.

It's very small.

And I wish I could fix all my mistakes as easily.

Anonymous said...

crayon

Anonymous said...

is it the tip of a pencil? it's the eraser, isn't it?

I tried to post as acorn, but it didn't work, so I'm doing it as anonymous.

acorn

Jeannelle said...

I'm guessing anonymous is correct in guessing "eraser"!!