Friday, February 1, 2008

It's Back . . . Weekend Guessing Game #4

UPDATE SATURDAY MORNING:
DEAR READERS:
I don't want to tax your minds. I can't handle it when mine works too hard, so I feel bad doing it to you. If there were an actual PRIZE involved in this game, I wouldn't be doing this. So here's a bigger picture, per your requests. And still, the only clue: I found this outside. And now you'll know what it is. Now I've given the whole thing away.
It's time for the Weekend Guessing Game. Beginning now and ending tomorrow (Saturday 2/3) at 6 PM with the results, this is where you try to guess what the heck this picture is that's posted here. This week it's another easy one. I will only give you one clue and that is that I found it outside. If you think you know the answer, or if you want to make a crazy guess (they're always interesting to read) please select the "comment" tab at the bottom of this post. You can comment anonymously, or take a moment and sign up for a (free) blogger account. You choose a screen name for this. If you sign on as anonymous, please leave a unique signature, like your first name, initials, or a nickname.
First one to guess what this is, well they're the winner. They will enjoy the feeling of fame that only winning this game can bring.
So get your brain going, and try to figure out what exactly this is here. Me, I'll be sitting back and enjoying a glass of wine because it's Friday night. And the weekend is here.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I saw your comment over at the Pioneer Woman site.

You think this is easy? You're kidding, right? It looks really familiar, though.

Nice pictures in this blog. I'll come back to visit again!

Anonymous said...

Ha! Easy?? I even asked my husband to look and he had not a clue.

How about pine cone?

Minna Dyer said...

A dried flower of sorts? Sunflower?

Anonymous said...

dead leaves

Anonymous said...

flower petals, deceased or your backyard compost pit

Kev

Anonymous said...

dried sunflower

Anonymous said...

is that a stem on the top? is this round?

this is NOT easy. you might have to make the picture just a little bit bigger!

Cat

tj said...

...I say cracked walnut shells, no? Gosh you're good at this - I agree with a comment above mine that you need to make the photo a tad bit bigger...lol ;o) Guessing at your photos is putting a strain on my middle aged brain! lol...

...Great photo too - whatever it is! :o)

Blessings... :o)

Anonymous said...

it's a "sticky ball" - I don't know the official name. They fall from sycamore trees.

#1 sis-in-law, Helen

Anonymous said...

I've been told that sticky balls come from sweetgum trees not sycamores.

helen

brneyedgal967 said...

This is the dropping your dog leaves after having eaten walnut shells and grape nuts.

A tough one, but my relentless studies in turd forensics helped me with this.

Anonymous said...

I think it's a ball from a tree, too. I've seen these before in the woods. But I have no idea what tree! Good photo, though!

S.S.

Anonymous said...

Ha, brneyedgal967, that's what my husband said! Dog droppings!!! LOL

Country Girl said...

I think your money was wasted at that prestigious forensics university you attended, brneyedgal1967!

Readers who enjoy playing games should visit her site and play the game "this photo needs a name". Hurry, before it's over. You can actually win a prize, too. Visit

www.thecolorofhome.blogspot.com

It's a good one!

~C.G.

tj said...

...Awww man, is that a Sweetgum Tree Seedball? I just saw that someone else up there already guessed it... That is what it is, isn't it? If not, then I give - I'll wave the white flag...lol ;o)

...Great stuff!

...Blessings... :o)

Anonymous said...

That's what it is, and I didn't see it until you made the picture bigger. Don't succumb to the pressure next time of people asking you to make the photo bigger! This was a good one. Maybe it could have been JUST A LITTLE BIT bigger. Hey, maybe offer a prize now, like one of your photos, eh?

It was just a suggestion.