Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A slice of life

I have been so inspired by Riva Berkovitz, a photographer who was recently featured in the New York Times. I love going to her site and reading her blog and just looking at her gallery. My son sent me the link just after the holidays and I used it as one of my first posts on this blog.

If I'm feeling frenzied, or frustrated (as I often get with my internet provider) or just plain not quite right, visiting her site always seems to set me straight.

The colors and the shapes of the petals calm me down, like they do here with my white rose. I've also been experimenting with the picture inside of the picture like I've depicted above. I just like how it looks.

There are so many wonderful sites out there, but I don't have the time (or the patience!) to visit as many as I'd like.

Another reason to get a faster internet provider. Can you tell I'm lobbying here for it? Can you help me convince my husband to pay more than double than we're already paying for dial-up? Nah, that's ok. I don't think I need any help convincing him. He's a pretty reasonable man. Usually.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Her work is gorgeous!!! Macro photography is a favorite of mine, too. Thanks for the link... have bookmarked it! :D

Anonymous said...

What a lovely picture. I love roses, they're my favorite. My grandmother loved them too. This reminds me of some wonderful memories of her. Thanks for stirring such pleasant thoughts. It is true...a single picture is worth 1000 words.

Anonymous said...

I'm lusting after a macro lens these days. My favorite lens does okay, but I lust after a true macro lens. I like your picture within a picture!

Must go check out riva Berkovitz.

tj said...

...Gosh girl - these photos are absolutely beautiful! And yes, tell your husband that faster internet service makes for a happy wife...if he needs convincing - my husband will tell him! lol ;o) And with photography skills like you have - that's a must!

...Thanks for brightening up my day with those photos!

...Blessings... :o)

brneyedgal967 said...

Beautiful pictures. Very soothing and tranquil. Just what I needed. I only wish I could smell them.

Hugs,
Tammy

Rising Rainbow said...

The roses look so inviting. I can't wait for warmer weather and flowers and my horses to shed out. lol