Monday, February 18, 2008

The wonderful world of color



I'm old enough to remember watching TV when it was in black & white. And I remember watching Walt Disney on Sunday nights. When the show moved to CBS and went to color, the creators changed the name of the show to Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color.

Time for some color in this blog. The last couple of posts have either been black & white or the grey of the water at the wildlife refuge. I plan on celebrating the anticipation of Spring. Because, well, I just know that it's coming.


I long for the warmth of the sun on my face, and the gentle breezes and scents of April. Don't you miss how the earth smells in the Spring? So I figure that if I post some colorful pictures here on the site, it'll help us all to remember the warmth of the weather that we all know is on its way.


The temperature in this area is slated to reach 60 degrees tomorrow. I'll believe it when I feel it. It's supposed to rain, too. But that's ok. At least it won't be so cold.


Here's hoping that Spring comes soon.

11 comments:

BBC said...

I'm a country boy, a plain one. My impression is that you are a pretty fancy country girl.

But I've only looked at your blog twice, but that is my impression.

But true country folks are just plain folks without a lot of fancy things, never mind what you saw in the movies.

Jeannelle said...

Wonderful to see your bright colors tonight!

We always watched the Wonderful World of Disney, too, but I had forgotten about the name change!

My grandma got a color TV before we did, and I remember going to her house to watch the New Year's Day Rose Parade in color for the first time. We sat there in awe watching the colorful floats go by!

Jo said...

Every time I click on your blog, I see photographs that would be beautiful watercolor paintings. One of these days I am going to "steal" one and do a painting of it. Then I will post in on my blog, and invite you to come and see it. :-)

These pictures here are my favorite color! Absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Lovely flowers. Just what I needed see on this dreary, drizzily cold day!

P.S. Country girls like pretty things, too. Maybe even fancy things, too. ;)

Country Girl said...

Thanks, everyone. Josie, feel free to 'steal' one. As long as you don't use the original version, I'm fine with it.

BBC, welcome back. I've seen you here before and I've never really known quite how to respond to you because you always seem angry about something.

I guess I could change the name of my blog to Chronicles of a Fancy Country Girl, but I think I'll just leave it the way it is. Takes all kinds. And I make no apologies for liking fancy things. I love nature and plain and simple things as well.

Have a great day, everyone.

Anonymous said...

I agree Kate I hear the anger in his voice (speaking of BBC), I know that you are a real country girl who loves to take wonderful pictures and enjoys the outdoors. Keep beautiful pictures and the interesting stories coming !!!!!!

Mary said...

Oh what lovely saturated color in your photos. thanks for cheering up this dreary day!
xoxo,
mary

Anonymous said...

oh, that splash of color is wonderful. I'm counting the days until spring! (and still lusting after your macro lens)

I'm just saying, you should leave it just sitting around if I come to town... Oh wait, you're a Nikon girl, aren't you? Doggoneit!

Country Girl said...

Thanks, everyone!

Kathleen Grace said...

That pop of bright pink is just what I needed today:>) Beautiful! I cant wait for spring and my flowers to start blooming.

Anonymous said...

What happened to the Country Girl? BBC scare you off?