Thursday, September 4, 2008

Nice awards from friends

It's been a weird day and I can't even talk about it. I have to believe everything will work out, so let's leave it at that. But no worries, ok? Because to make it better, blogger friends came to the rescue. And they didn't even know I needed rescuing!
Today, I received this little cutie from Sarah over at Spruce Hill. Sarah is a survivor, like my husband. She's got a lot of spunk and a zest for life. She's given me the "I Love your Blog" Award. Thanks so much, Sarah.
With this award, I get to nominate 7 other blogs that I love to read, link to them and to the person who awarded me and let them all know what they've won. Ok, got that? But I'm doing 5 and they are, in no particular order:
I love these blogs and read them daily.
And Shimmy Mom has awarded me the "My Photography Buddy" Award. Cool, Shim! Oh, and did anyone notice the saying I did NOT use? That's because it belongs to Kacey now. And word is she's driving her husband crazy saying ding dang diddly all the day. Sounds like a song . . .
Rules for this one are to award are a little sketchy, so I'm guessing there are no rules. I LOVE THAT! So, like Shimmy, I'm giving this award to people whose photography inspires me.
Mary at Little Red House and In a Soft Light just received this award from Shimmy. But I feel as though Mary is a buddy and her photography inspires me. Visit her lovely sites if you can.
Daryl, at Out and About in NYC on the M104 is a photographer I met through two other blogs I read daily. She recently joined at Paintbox Pictures (see link on the right of this blog) and I just love visiting New York City through her photographs.
And of course, there's Kacey at Wine on the Keyboard. I've been visiting Kacey's site since I began blogging. It's one that I read daily. It's informative, it's got great pictures, she hosts photography contests, has a ton of good blogging tips, and is married to Super Guy. Check out her site and you'll see what I mean.
And then there's Dlyn. I've been visiting her site, too, since I started blogging and even though she's camera-less right now, she posts some of the prettiest pictures from her garden and her life. And her dog is cute, too. I hope her camera comes home soon.
These would be who I consider to be my Photography Buddies. Enjoy!

15 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

Thank you, Kate!!!

You are a sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Ding. Dang. Diddly. That's all I'm saying... (and SuperGuy is not very pleased with you *g )

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for the reward, I love your blog too, it's totally deserved!

abb said...

I am so very honored - especially by you, Kate, as my respect for you and your blog is immense! Thank you! As for your discombobulated day(s) - it will work out! I do know you well enough by now to know that your glass is always half full...and that does help. Always.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

cool and CONGRATULATIONS! Cause I LOVE your blog and YOUR photography!
Hugs Laura

Mary said...

Wow, thank you SO much! You are a great buddy, and I love reading both your blogs. Congratulations on the awards! And give George a big ((((((HUG))))))) -- I'm sure that will help with the discombobulation...
xoxo,
Mary

dlyn said...

Thanks so much Kate - helps take my mind off the broken camera. Well not really. It makes me think of it even more actually. But in a good way. Hope things work out with whatever situation you have going on - lots of turmoil going on for people I know these days it seems.

Daryl said...

I hope whatever was not so wonderful yesterday is better today ...

And Kate you are so nice to give me this .. considering how totally amazing your photos are I am SO incredibly flattered ... and am off to post it.

:-Daryl

Mental P Mama said...

Wow! Thank you so much! That is soooo cute. And I hope the weirdness is all gone by now;)

Anonymous said...

I "heart" your blog too! :)

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

I hope your day improves and your troubles disappear. If they do, I want what you're drinking ;)

Congrats on the well-deserved awards! And to think that at one time you had considered tossing in the blogging towel. I'm so gald you didn't!

BTW, I agree that you should create a George calendar. He is sooo cute! I think I have a crush on him :)

Shimmy Mom said...

More blogs to go check out. I'll be busy today. Congrats on your other award. You deserve them both. I hope you have a better day!
*hugs*

Jeannelle said...

Congrats! And, as my Grandma used to say when we had troubling days, "It'll all come out in the wash!"

Anonymous said...

Thank you and I hope all worked out!

Adventure girl said...

Congrats on the awards!