Friday, September 5, 2008

Misdirected e-mail story

Someone sent me this e-mail the other day. Perhaps you've already seen it, but it's a funny story, nonetheless. And I'm all about the sharing. So, here goes:

A Michigan couple decided to go to Florida to thaw out during a particularly icy winter. They planned to stay at the same hotel where they spent their honeymoon 20 years earlier. Because of hectic schedules, it was difficult to coordinate their travel schedules. So, the husband left Minnesota and flew to Florida on Thursday, with his wife flying down the following day. The husband checked into the hotel.

There was a computer in his room, so he decided to send an email to his wife. However, he accidentally left out one letter in her email address, and without realizing his error, sent the Email. Meanwhile, somewhere in Houston, a widow had just returned home from her husband's' funeral. He was a minister who was called home to glory following a heart attack.

The widow decided to check her email expecting messages from relatives and friends. After reading the first message, she screamed and fainted. The widow's son rushed into the room, found his mother on the floor, and saw the computer screen which read:
To: My Loving Wife
Subject: I've Arrived
Date: February 24, 2005

I know you're surprised to hear from me. They have computers here now and you are allowed to send emails to your loved ones. I've just arrived and have been checked in. I see that everything has been prepared for your arrival tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you then! Hope your journey is as uneventful as mine was. P.S. Sure is freaking hot down here.


Until tomorrow, my friends~!

Oh, and if you visit my Picture A Day blog, I apologize, in advance, to those who are afraid of bugs.

14 comments:

Russell said...

Great story!! I will share it with people at work tomorrow and beyond!! Heh!!

Take care and thanks for helping me laugh

Anonymous said...

That is freakin' hilarious.

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Too darn funny!!!! I love it and must lift it!

Mental P Mama said...

Good one;)

Deb said...

Oh, my goodness! That is so funny! I'm still chuckling. Thanks for the uplifting (no pun intended) story today.

Shimmy Mom said...

lol See you tomorrow! She probably had a heart attack herself right then and there. lol

Anonymous said...

That is cute and funny! Thank you for giving me a smile today.

Adventure girl said...

So funny! I needed to laugh! Thanks! Have a great weekend!

Jo said...

Oh, what a wonderful story! I love it!

I am just catching up on visiting my favorite blogs, and I see you have won an award "I ♥ Your Blog"! You certainly deserve it. Well, I for one do ♥ your blog, and thank you for passing it on to me. I consider it a great compliment coming from you.

Cheers! Enjoy your weekend!

Woman in a Window said...

That PS made it so over the top. Loved it!

Picket said...

lol Oh my word!!!! That was hilarious!!!! I loved that! lol I hope you have a great weekend friend!

Country Girl said...

Hey, thanks all! And welcome to Picket. I don't think I've seen you comment before. Glad to meetcha.

Rosezilla (Tracie Walker) said...

I'd heard this one before, and it still makes me laugh. Poor lady.

Cath said...

LMAO. I have seen this in a similar version - so funny. So so funny.